“Nice hotel...ok location.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colchester, Connecticut, United States
“Nice hotel...ok location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Overall, a good Marriott property. Great beds, great gym, good concierge lounge, nicely appointed rooms. The only downside is the location, which isn't really walking distance to anything, but on the other hand is close to I-93 and the mall in Braintree. Overall, it is a nice hotel and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Dirty towels in the bathroom upon arrival, and when informed the manager, he didn't believe me and asked if I am take him up to SHOW it to him. Despite the dirty towel, he just said oh, stain from the machine as if it was nothing. If that's not bad enough, my tub did not drain an I was showering in dirty water that was up to above my ankle. Oh, best part, every time someone flushes, it would sound like Niagara Falls in my room and the manager says that's impossible as if I am making it up! Awful service overall! Oh, and waiters will not wait on you despite you standing in FRONT of them, they will walk away!

• Stayed May 2013
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to send my sincerest appreciation for you taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to my hotel. I am truly apologetic of your experiences while visiting the Boston Marriott Quincy. I would like you to contact the hotel directly to speak with me regarding your experience so I can follow up with the manager you spoke with during your stay. Your interactions with the team are not what is to be expected while staying at a Marriott Hotel.

I hope to hear from you soon and thanks again for your generous feedback. The hotel phone number is 617-472-1000.

Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations-Rooms
argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The property is well maintained. The rooms are comfortable also the beds. . This hotel is a bit far from downtown, about nine miles away.
The hotel is on top of a hill, but it does not have great views. They provide a free shuttle to the nearest train station which is 10 minutes walking. Unfortunately the transfer is only offered until 9 pm.
If you have a car you can go with it to Downtownperfectly. In the port area, close the children Museum, Parking areas offers spaces at a daily rate of U $ S 10 and is not far from the City actractions. .
I am an elite member of marriott and enjoyed a healthy breakfast in the Lounge.
If you deserve an upgrade you have to request it is not provided automatically.
Marroitt Quincy is a good choice to visit Boston and Cambridge and near Cities.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views, ask for the one s who are located in the back
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was here on a business trip for 2 nights. The bed is ridiculously comfortable. Probably the best night's sleep I've ever had on the road. The concierge recommended The Fat Cat and hotel restaurant for dinner.

Clean, comfortable, quiet. Definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at the Boston Marriott Quincy, and LOVED it. The hotel was beautifully located atop a hill (and close to highway), and the premises were well kept. The inside of the hotel was clean, attractive, and comfortable (both the lobby area and the actual room). All of the hotel staff, from the front desk to room service, were incredibly efficient and helpful. They always made sure we had everything we needed, and were right on top of things when we needed help. For example, we requested a fridge in our room and immediately recieved one within the half hour.

We used the spa tub and had it all to ourselves...there was no one in the pool area! And the fitness room (which is located directly next to the pool area) looked unbelievably sanitized. In fact, there was an employee who stayed in the fitness room to sanitize the equipment! Everything was so clean!

The room service is super fast, and the food is delicious. Although, it's a little pricey...but hey, most room service is! The parking is $12 a day, which is NOT bad for the Boston area. You can park next to the hotel (open parking lot with gates), or a little walk down the road in a parking garage. There's also a complimentary shuttle, that runs every half-hour, that will take you to the T (like a 5 minute drive).

All in all, you get what you pay for. I really don't have anything to complain about...the hotel was practically perfect. My boyfriend and I will definitely be returning. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are visiting Boston for college visits as we were this past weekend, this hotel offers a less expensive alternative to the hotels in Boston or Cambridge, as much as $100 per night through one of the discount hotel booking sites. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. There are several good restaurants that are destinations for Bostonians who make the trip for specials that they like. I didn't try it but the Short Ribs were highly recommended. The hotel caters to weddings and other large groups. There were 200 Japanese exchange students staying there at the same time as we were.
The location in the middle of a corporate park is a little strange and not easy to find even though it is on the top of a hill. You almost have to drive to get there so I did not like the fact that they charged for parking when you had no other option for a place to park. The same was true for the added charge for wifi. You couldn't go to a hotspot because you were in the middle of nowhere. While we are on the subject of their marketing strategy, I saw something I had never seen before. You can purchase the linens, lamps and toiletries that you find in your room from a catalog. Not the ones from the room but just like the ones you see. So they have figured out how to turn your hotel room into a shopping mall.
I guess you could take advantage of all of these "perks" but then you might as well stay in Boston. If you can avoid these temptations then this hotel could be a budget alternative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Potsdam, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott for a business event. While nothing was very wrong, nothing was very right either. The hotel was noisy with what seemed to be thin walls. You could easily hear people in the next room. Also their promised shuttle service left a lot to be desired starting with sometime not answering their phone to having other services pick you up that took you on a scenic tour of Quincy before dropping you at the hotel. One of the 3rd party shuttle drivers that picked us up at the train station just 2 miles from the hotel stated that the Marriott often has them pick up people that don’t know about all the stops making them late for meetings and miss planes.

Also we found the staff less than friendly and overall the stay seemed more like a Marriott Courtyard stay than what it was billed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to offer us valuable feedback. I would like to send our sincerest apologies that you did not get a great night’s sleep due to noisy neighbors. In the future let us know if someone is being disruptive as we do have Quiet Time policies in place to ensure everyone gets a great night’s rest. We have security and management at the hotel 24 hours a day to address any issues that may arise.

In regards to the shuttle service, I would also like to apologize you had difficulties scheduling the service, as well as overall execution of the shuttle. We are nestled in the Crown Colony Office Park and we do participate in an Office Park Shuttle service. There is an Express Shuttle that only stops at 3 of the buildings as well as a Local Shuttle that is required to stop at every building in the park. We also operate our own fleet but there are two hours a day that our shuttles are out of service doing corporate runs to nearby office parks. When these times occur we offer the Crown Colony Office Park Shuttle to our guests as an alternative to and from the Subway Station, which is only 3/4 of a mile from the hotel.

I would like to thank you once again for the great feedback and I will be sure to utilize it as a training tool for the hotel. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Boston’s South Shore, as I am positive we can exceed your expectations.

Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations-Rooms

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!