“Amazingly comfortable beds” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
“Amazingly comfortable beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was here on a business trip for 2 nights. The bed is ridiculously comfortable. Probably the best night's sleep I've ever had on the road. The concierge recommended The Fat Cat and hotel restaurant for dinner.

Clean, comfortable, quiet. Definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at the Boston Marriott Quincy, and LOVED it. The hotel was beautifully located atop a hill (and close to highway), and the premises were well kept. The inside of the hotel was clean, attractive, and comfortable (both the lobby area and the actual room). All of the hotel staff, from the front desk to room service, were incredibly efficient and helpful. They always made sure we had everything we needed, and were right on top of things when we needed help. For example, we requested a fridge in our room and immediately recieved one within the half hour.

We used the spa tub and had it all to ourselves...there was no one in the pool area! And the fitness room (which is located directly next to the pool area) looked unbelievably sanitized. In fact, there was an employee who stayed in the fitness room to sanitize the equipment! Everything was so clean!

The room service is super fast, and the food is delicious. Although, it's a little pricey...but hey, most room service is! The parking is $12 a day, which is NOT bad for the Boston area. You can park next to the hotel (open parking lot with gates), or a little walk down the road in a parking garage. There's also a complimentary shuttle, that runs every half-hour, that will take you to the T (like a 5 minute drive).

All in all, you get what you pay for. I really don't have anything to complain about...the hotel was practically perfect. My boyfriend and I will definitely be returning. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are visiting Boston for college visits as we were this past weekend, this hotel offers a less expensive alternative to the hotels in Boston or Cambridge, as much as $100 per night through one of the discount hotel booking sites. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. There are several good restaurants that are destinations for Bostonians who make the trip for specials that they like. I didn't try it but the Short Ribs were highly recommended. The hotel caters to weddings and other large groups. There were 200 Japanese exchange students staying there at the same time as we were.
The location in the middle of a corporate park is a little strange and not easy to find even though it is on the top of a hill. You almost have to drive to get there so I did not like the fact that they charged for parking when you had no other option for a place to park. The same was true for the added charge for wifi. You couldn't go to a hotspot because you were in the middle of nowhere. While we are on the subject of their marketing strategy, I saw something I had never seen before. You can purchase the linens, lamps and toiletries that you find in your room from a catalog. Not the ones from the room but just like the ones you see. So they have figured out how to turn your hotel room into a shopping mall.
I guess you could take advantage of all of these "perks" but then you might as well stay in Boston. If you can avoid these temptations then this hotel could be a budget alternative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Potsdam, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott for a business event. While nothing was very wrong, nothing was very right either. The hotel was noisy with what seemed to be thin walls. You could easily hear people in the next room. Also their promised shuttle service left a lot to be desired starting with sometime not answering their phone to having other services pick you up that took you on a scenic tour of Quincy before dropping you at the hotel. One of the 3rd party shuttle drivers that picked us up at the train station just 2 miles from the hotel stated that the Marriott often has them pick up people that don’t know about all the stops making them late for meetings and miss planes.

Also we found the staff less than friendly and overall the stay seemed more like a Marriott Courtyard stay than what it was billed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jason H, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to offer us valuable feedback. I would like to send our sincerest apologies that you did not get a great night’s sleep due to noisy neighbors. In the future let us know if someone is being disruptive as we do have Quiet Time policies in place to ensure everyone gets a great night’s rest. We have security and management at the hotel 24 hours a day to address any issues that may arise.

In regards to the shuttle service, I would also like to apologize you had difficulties scheduling the service, as well as overall execution of the shuttle. We are nestled in the Crown Colony Office Park and we do participate in an Office Park Shuttle service. There is an Express Shuttle that only stops at 3 of the buildings as well as a Local Shuttle that is required to stop at every building in the park. We also operate our own fleet but there are two hours a day that our shuttles are out of service doing corporate runs to nearby office parks. When these times occur we offer the Crown Colony Office Park Shuttle to our guests as an alternative to and from the Subway Station, which is only 3/4 of a mile from the hotel.

I would like to thank you once again for the great feedback and I will be sure to utilize it as a training tool for the hotel. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Boston’s South Shore, as I am positive we can exceed your expectations.

Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations-Rooms
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

It's clean and dependable with a nice lobby bar and full restaurant. Rooms are a decent size. It can be tricky to get to...so use your gps...and listen closely to every turn when you exit the highway.

• Stayed April 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my visit to Quincy, I had office meetings together with partners in the area. The hotel sits nicely on a top of the hill, but unfortunately the hotel is designed in a way that most rooms only overlook the highway (opposite direction) instead of overlooking the city and the sea. That would have made much more sense and be more appealing.

Breakfast was good, the first morning. The second morning it was still acceptable but by the time of the third morning I was tired of all the options that were available. Fourth and fifth morning I simply had a coffee and eggs. This surprised me, as I understand with communicating with people at the bar that many people stay there for a very long time. I never saw many people at the breakfast, so maybe thats the reason.

My meetings in the day started at 10AM or 9:30AM, but the shuttle service for the hotel ended at 9AM in the morning which was of course of no use to me.

Gym and swimming pool was good, I used it daily. Gym was open 24 hours and was very neat and tidy. Pool had too much chlorine in my opinion and I had a dry/soar skin for the next couple of days after taking a swim one morning. Maybe just the American way of living?

I will definitely come back when I need to have meetings with my partners, but I would probably seek out other options of F&B than in the hotel. And I would rent a car. And I would buy breakfast the night before and eat in my room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cologne - Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed in the Marriott Quincy very often over the past years and over time it was a bit worn down! However since they refurbished some (don't know for the whole hotel) of the floors it's really back into very good shape!

For business to south of Boston a perfect fit with access to I-93 South.

Besides, Quincy has very nice marina which - specially in Spring / Summer - offers a great view into Boston / the Boston skyline! Very scenic!

I'd recommend to ask for rooms with number x42 / x43 / x44 on any level. They offer the best view onto the Boston bay ... you'll see great sunrises from here if you are up that early that is of course! ;-) (see attached picture taken this year in April)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!