“The Best of Boston” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leominster, Massachusetts
“The Best of Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott in Quincy Mass and out of the many hotels I stay at, this was the best by far for service and comfort. I was greeted at the front door by a bell man and the person at the desk was all smiles with a nice greeting that felt good after a long day in the city. The hotel was recently remodeled and the rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. My family and I dined in the restaurant, the meal was very good and the prices were nowhere near the crazy prices they charge just 10 minutes away in downtown boston. I want to thank everyone at the Marriott Quincy for making our stay in Boston a pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend for 2 nights over my sister's wedding weekend. From the time we checked in until the time we left, we had nothing but a great experience at this hotel.

The hotel is huge. The lobby makes a very nice first impression. Hallways are wide and well-lit. Rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated with modern touches. The beds are extremely comfortable. Everything is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is very good.

After we returned from the wedding, the staff went out of their way to set us up with a banquet room for everyone to hang out in. They even brought in extra chairs.

We got a great rate by booking through AAA and hope to have a reason to stay here again. Highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Southern CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

While the hotel is very clean and the rooms extremely comfy, I am only giving it three stars because of some issues that they need to work on before being absolutely perfect. They are so close and I really want to like this hotel, but they have some bugs to work out before I would even give it a 4!

We were there for a conference from a Sunday to a Thursday. The food was very good and the facilities very nice. The gym is small, but well-equipped if you get there early (5 a.m.), but after that it gets crowded and machines were hard to come by. The beds were the highlight as they are really, REALLY, really comfy!

My low rating stems from the following:

The "free" internet in the lobby never worked for any of us. Convenient since they charge $12.95 if you use it in your room. HINT: The free internet actually worked in our room on the 7th floor, but we did not know that until the third day! So don't plug in until you try to locate the free wireless!

On Tuesday evening there was a lot of door slamming and banging around 11:00 p.m. This went on for 30 minutes. When I looked out of my door to see what it was, I found an employee of the hotel in the "Associates Closet" across the hall from me going in and out and letting the door slam every time! It literally shook the whole wall behind our beds each time. She saw me peek out and did not say one word. When it did not stop, I finally called downstairs. The person that came up made a rude remark in front of our door about us calling and laughed with this woman as they walked away down the hall. When the security person arrived about 10 seconds later, he asked them if they were the cause of the noise. They told him no and kept walking. He then saw me and asked if it was the people that just walked away. I told him, YES, it was! Regardless, it was rude.

Then, we were due to check out Thursday so I asked a manager at the front desk if we could please have an extra 15 minutes to check-out as our conference ended at 12:00 noon, the same time as check-out, and we had a lot of luggage. He said no, no one was getting that privilege and that they were "full" the next night (a Thursday, mind you). I told him about being woken up the night before by one of his employees and he really did not care to make it right by giving us a WHOLE 15 minutes extra to check out. Instead, according to him, all 250 of us needed to drag all of our luggage downstairs to be stored at the front desk or in the ballroom with us! Later, I found out that some of the attendees were indeed granted the extra time to check out. I spoke with the General Manager, David, the next morning and told him how unhappy I was with the noise and then the inflexibility of not accommodating the conference attendees by allowing a whole 15 minute reprieve and he was floored. He apologized profusely and told me to check out whenever I wanted because the hotel was only at 49% capacity. So, the manager from the night before was trained to "lie" - not something I appreciate. I get that hotels do this, but it wasn't like we were asking for hours - just minutes. It left a very sour taste in my mouth because in this economy you should be accommodating customers, especially on an easy request such as this. David did a big save, but I will not forget the hassle we had to go through to get that measly 15 minutes!

ALSO:
The employees in the Starbucks/bar downstairs do not speak English well-enough to be serving people or they just don't care. We ordered drip coffees and stood waiting while they made lattes and the line behind us grew. It grew even longer after we told her the order was wrong and she had to throw away three lattes and pour the right order. The next day, a man forgot his wallet and had to go back upstairs to get it. the employee left his coffee and bagel sitting on the counter while she took the next order - which took 5 minutes or so because she had to mix the drink, toast the bagel, take payment, etc.. Then, it was my turn. I ordered a drip coffee and she took the one that had been sitting on the counter behind the coffee machines and pretended to pour a new one and then handed me the old one! How did I know?? The telltale coffee drip that had been on the cup before was still there! And the coffee was not hot! They were extremely unfriendly and not at all customer service oriented. They should probably have one additional person working as the line was long and one person doing it all was ridiculous.

Also, I called the front desk to get the number for Marriott Rewards so I could change my address and the young lady, who was very polite, gave me an "801" number. I asked if she had a toll free number and she told me that it was. I said, "Are you sure?" She said, "Of course." So, I called, got my things changed and thought nothing of it - until I got my bill and it showed a $7.79 long distance call!!! I called and Marriott credited the call, but seriously? Give me a toll free number for goodness sake! I am calling YOUR company!

This hotel is not close to Boston proper, but there is a "T" station down the hill, within walking distance. However, going up that hill is a HUGE trek and one of my colleagues used the "T" and was told to call when she returned to the station and the shuttle would come pick her up. She did and waited a half an hour before calling again. Again she was assured someone would come to pick her up, but after another 30 minutes she called again and was told to hail a cab and they would pay for it. She wasted an hour waiting for them and when she arrived at the front of the hotel, the shuttle vans and drivers were just sitting there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
aperry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

Got tickets to a Bruins game last minute and there was not one hotel available in Boston. We were able to get this hotel in Quincy which I knew nothing about but was very surprised.

Room was super clean and spacious!

Hotel was clean and new!

Staff was very friendly!

We were only there for a few hours so there is not much to write.

• Stayed June 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

This is our second time staying at Marriott Quincy. We travelled with our teenage children in May/2011 for a nearby family gathering & had two adjoining rooms. Found the rooms very updated/modern, very clean, the bed very well appointed with nice linens & so very comfortable. Overall, great ammenities. (Wish there had been a coffee maker in the room.) But a Dunkin Donuts (great coffee) is down the hill. No safe in room but hotel staff in lobby happy to assit with anything you may want locked up in the safes by the lobby. Really no complaints. Quiet corner location. Great hotel on South Shore & good option for the surrounding area with quick access to Boston (depending on traffic/20-30 minute drive south) & also very close to the Red line (MBTA train) into Boston. Not a tourist but rather coming back "home" for a visit & always appreciate the location, friendly staff, clean comfort & updated decor. Will return again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Outstanding hotel with top class staff. My room was excellent, room service superior.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

In order to attend a family wedding nearby, I stayed at the Boston Marriott in Quincy. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It's only 20 minutes from the airport (non-rush hour). Probably not real convenient for touring in Boston, but the pricing was good and public transit is nearby to take you into downtown Boston if you wanted. The hotel has very regular shuttle service to the T (subway line) into Boston.

Room Tip: Ask about rooms with excellent views.