We arrived at the Logan Express station and waited for nearly 40 minutes for the shuttle.In hindsight we should have got a cab. The guy who did arrive to collect us apologised and explained that he had been held up at the South Shore Plaza waiting for someone who never turned up. Lobby of Hotel is lovely, large and spacious. Check in was excellent. They gave us a fantastic room on the concierge level which is the highest floor, 9. Room was very nice, newly decorated with a great view of the city and also the ocean. Best view I would think in hotel. Bathroom was spacious and nicely done, lots of towels. 2 Double beds as requested, with the extra pillows we had requested too with a little note saying that they had put them there. Nice touch. We ate in the lounge downstairs on our first night. Note that you can have either menu, the bar one or the restaurant one which is a good idea. Food was very nice. Wine was very expensive I thought at $9 and $11 for Pinot Grigio, and the glasses were not huge by european standards.
The hotel was full for the first 3 nights of our stay and at night plenty of people walked in and out of their rooms talking at full volume which I still cant understand...but people generally dont think of others.
My daughter and her friend used the shuttle to the T station one night and got a taxi home from Boston city centre and it was $38 in total which I thought reasonable enough so you could actually go into the city and get a cab home especially if there was a group of you.
Location is in a business park so its quite a way from anywhere really, you do need a car. But its very easy to get in and out of the carpark and its only about 5 minutes away from Route 3 exit so its perfect. Car parking is free for guests of the hotel but make sure you get your room key activated for it at reception.
Internet is free in the downstairs lobby and is generally quite fast. Did not get it in our room as it cost $12.95 per day
On our last day we checked in online at the business centre and printed off our boarding passes free which was so easy. Many times I have been stuck in hotels in London unable to do this for free so it was a nice surprise.
We left the our bags with reception at the hotel on our last day and went to the South Shore Plaza . As the shuttle was not working that day we were driven in a nice limo and collected once we called the hotel. Excellent service !
All in all I would really recommend this hotel. One note tho, we found that the beds altho they were super super comfy were very warm, the duvets were very heavy. We kept the temp at 60 degrees in the room but we were still too warm under them in the middle of the night !
- Also Known As:
- Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel Quincy
- Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel
- Marriott Quincy
- Quincy Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Quincy, MA, this hotel offers access to Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod. Features 464 hotel rooms, a pool and health club, and on-site restaurants including Kilroy's Irish Pub and Hancock's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Agoda and Venere so you can book your Boston Marriott Quincy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.