“Highly recommended for quality, cleanliness, professionalism and view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel

You added Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   90 Eden St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
New York
“Highly recommended for quality, cleanliness, professionalism and view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Our family of 4 (ages 52, 49, 13, and 10) is familiar with resorts like Marriott Vacation Clubs, Diamond Resorts, Staybridge Suites, and similar newer hotel brands. Though our room was a typical "motel room" size and not a suite, the quality of our room, the lobby, two swimming pools and hot tub were very good....especially the indoor pool and spa. Bathroom arrangement was small, but nice with newer finishes throughout. Excellent shower with rain-shower head. Beds and cotton linens were outstanding and comfortable. We stayed in the building across the parking lot from the main lodge. The main lodge with the reception desk, bar, lounge and gift shop is a "hotel style" building with interior entry doors. Our building was "motel style" with an exterior door and chairs sitting outside the door for the great view of Fisherman's Bay and overlooking the outdoor swimming pool. (nice and heated, but not as warm as the indoor pool) The indoor pool (beautiful, nice and warm) and spa are in a separate, nice building within 50 steps of our room, but all guests must walk outside to get there, even from the main building. Both pools have nice furniture around the decks and towel service. The guest lobby was very nice and spacious with excellent finishes. Be sure to get the freshly baked cookies in the early evening around 5 and pickup the daily activity sheet from the front desk that gives times for Happy Hour drink specials, "Make Your Own Ravioli", or the guest evening entertainer in the beautifully appointed lounge/living room/game room with the fire place and beautiful bay views. The hotel also has it's own restaurant in a separate building up the hill, but we didn't eat there. Downtown Bar Harbor is only a 10 minute walk, though you must walk across a fairly busy street to get to the sidewalk. However, you can also catch a bus from the neighboring WondaView Hotel parking lot next to the Bluenose. The bus is very convenient and comfortable, but ours was very bumpy.....needed new shocks. This resort appeared to be one of the better facilities with a good value. We paid $190 per night in late August. The other hotels in the town were nice too, but much more expensive. If you don't mind the walk to the bus or town, the location is very good for the price. It's also one of the closest to downtown unless you are willing to pay for the downtown hotels...$250-$300+ per night. We will definitely come back and we highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Either ask for a room in the main lodge with a view of the bay, or get one of the "motel-style...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
What a wonderful review you have written of all the details and special touches we provide on our property. We believe that these are the things that really set us apart from the other fine hotels in Bar Harbor.

I agree that our location is the very best with it's grounds that make you feel that you are outside of town when you are actually within walking distance.

I am very happy to hear that you plan to return and sincerely hope that you will introduce yourself to me when you are here.

Thank you again for this wonderfully detailed review of our hotel.

General Manager/ Co-Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The room was spacious , clean , bright and comfortable. I looked out of a rear window in the room when I awoke after a good nights sleep and there were 4 squirrels scurrying around for their breakfast!! I waited for a Moose but it didn't happen ( Ha! ha! ) The staff were professional and friendly. They obviously took pride in their work and the Inn. The surrounding views were gorgeous and the locals friendly. I would recommend a stay at this Inn as it is close to Acadia and Bar Harbour. Very interesting and somewhat sad story, about the Bluenose ship, which I believe the Inn is named after.

Room Tip: I don't believe any of the rooms are better than others they are all terrific
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your great comments about your experience here at the Bluenose Inn. I am sorry that you found the history of our namesake sad! Just kidding. We love the tradition and history of our hotel and I am happy to know that you took the time to read and learn some of it. We hope to provide even more historical information in the future.

Our staff is terrific and you are right in recognizing the personal pride and caring that our team of professionals have.

I certainly hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Bar Harbor and invite you to come back to stay with us again.

Litchfield ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

It starts with guest bathrobes your keuric coffee maker with multiple choices of flavor . A professional massage chair with heat, message vibration all with a remote. WIFI excellent flat screen TV. All rooms face the ocean. Just a perfect place in Bar Harbor. Very clean excellent service. The price in mid summer $95 . (outstanding)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for the Bluenose Inn. It sounds like you had no trouble finding the best ways to relax in your room! I hope that you enjoyed some of the other features on our property as well, such as the indoor pool, the Looking Glass restaurant and the Eden Spa.

I hope that you will be back again next season and look forward to meeting you then.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This definitely a place that I will stay again when I get back to the area. It is close to everything, and it has 2 pools to choose from when I'm hanging out at the hotel. The people that worked there were very nice and really helped me out on where to get some good old fashion bar food when I was sick of lobster rollsd

• Stayed September 2014
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Wow! You got sick of lobster rolls !! That's funny, I am glad we were able to get you to some pizza or something. Seriously, thank you for your very positive review of the Bluenose, and especially for recognizing our wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back!

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The Blue Nose Inn is positioned where it overlooks Bar Harbor and the Bay. Most beautiful setting.. everyone should strive to get up at least one early to view the sunrise.
The lodging was quite nice and provided a very pleasant experience for us.. I have no negative comments at all --it met our expectations without a doubt.

The restaurant also was quite good ---

Room Tip: Strive to get a room in the main building facing Bar Harbor... It is worth the effort.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Thank you for your very positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed both the hotel and our Looking Glass restaurant. I have to agree with you that sunrise is very special from our location. I hope that others will take your recommendation.

I certainly hope that we will have the honor of hosting you again and hope that you will take the time to meet me personally if we have not met already.

General Manager/ Co-Owner
Asbury Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Bluenose Inn (it's more of a hotel than inn) has a beautiful view and a good location basically in between Acadia and Bar Harbor so a convenient 5-ish minute drive to either place. There is a main building that has the check-in and several stories of rooms and then a separate building on the property that I stayed in which is called the Stenna Nordica. The actual room was clean and ok (decor is very floral-not especially modern and could use updating), the bed was very comfortable and I loved the keurig in the room. However, enjoying the view while in the room is difficult since the rooms are all lined up facing outside like an old school motel. People walk right in front of your room (your window) to get to and from their room and the parking lot so if your curtains are open they could see right into your room and you hear their conversations. I felt most comfortable keeping the curtains closed when I was in the room so couldn't get the benefit of the view. The restaurant on the property (up 2 steep walks but they will drive you in a golf cart) has an incredible view but was quite expensive. I wouldn't stay in the Stenna Nordica again but would consider the main building.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am glad that you took the time to check out the full range of accomodations we offer and based on your specific comments, I agree that you would probably really like the Mezzentop building. I do hope that we will have that opportunity to host you again.

Likewise, we are very proud of our restaurant The Looking Glass, but are always willing and able to help steer our guests to other options better suited to tastes and budgets.

I hope to meet you in the future,

GM/ Co-owner
Richmond, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel is beyond walking distance from town and for less money, you can stay at the Bar Harbor Inn & Spa, be right at the center of everything and still have a spa. I feel that we way overpaid for a dated very average room.

Room Tip: Get the end room that has a view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay with us.

The location here is viewed by many and certainly me as actually preferrable to being directly in town. Our views are unmatched and the ability to be out of the hustle and bustle of town yet within a short distance of town is an advantage in many ways.

If we were not accessible for you by foot I am concerned that you may not have been aware of the shuttle service to town from our sister hotel the Wonder View that might have been of help to you. I apologize if you were not informed of all of the options available to you.

I wish you well in your future travels and thank you for the opportunity to serve you while you were here.

Jim Ash

Been to Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!