Last time we stayed at the Bluenose was 2005. It just keeps getting better. When I made my reservation, I casually mentioned that it was our Anniversary. When we checked in, the clerk, Kara, welcomed us and wished us a happy anniversary. We received a note and a gift from the Co-Owner, Jim Ash and from Shelly in Guest Services. The room was superb. As it was eight years ago, it was spotlessly clean. But this time it had two large TVs, something they didn't have back then. They also closed the Rose Room, but added an excellent restaurant at the top of the hill with a great view. The best part was sitting outside on the deck by a large fire pit surrounded by these towers of flame. I have never seen anything like them before, but they had a tube in the center that contained the fire. They added light and warmth to the deck. Meeting others on the deck was a treat as well. Back to the room to rest in the comfy bed.
Check out was a breeze with both the daily newspaper and the bill at your door early in the AM. A quick call to the desk, and we were on our way.
Once again, I can heartily recommend the Bluenose!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bluenose Inn is a AAA 4-diamond hotel, an elegant immaculate treasure featuring breathtaking views of Frenchman Bay. Set atop a magnificent granite-terraced hillside, the hotel is one of the most beautiful spots on the Atlantic. 97 classically appointed rooms located in our two buildings. Dining in The Looking Glass with panoramic views, cocktails in the magnificent Great Room, heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub,steam room, spa & complete fitness center and wi-fi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Hotel - Bluenose Bar Harbor
- Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel Maine