“nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 40 hotels in Bar Harbor
Lorain, Ohio
“nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

rooms were great breakfast was great the staff were very nice.would recommend to stay.close to the harbor.the staff members in the breakfast area were very nice and helpful.they also have a laundry area that comes in handy the pool area is very nice.and also have snacks in the evening which is very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. We are a short 5 miles from downtown Bar Harbor and the ride along the way has magnificent views of Hull's Cove. Our laundry facility comes in handy as dirty laundry just seems to be there, even on vacation. We are happy to provide our guests with a wide array of choices for that most important meal of the day. Our staff does try to anticipate every guest’s needs even before they do. Thank you for the compliments. We do love our serene setting amidst the Maine woods along Rt.3. We are happy that you do as well. Please come see us again. Regards, Jane

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Service: The staff was extremely nice, helpful and accommodating

Cleanliness: The entire property is kept impeccably clean- its actually a very picturesque setting.

Location: Located minutes away from Acadia in a very tranquil setting. Just down the road there's restaurants, ice cream shop, and beach area. Perfect!

Rooms: I was actually surprised how nice the room was. It was wonderfully clean and tastefully decorated with an ultra comfy king size bed! The bathroom was large and modern.

Best of All: I loved the fact that you can drive right up to your room- makes loading and unloading a breeze. I also loved the freshly baked cookies provided for free daily!

Would we stay again? Absolutely! We've become a Best Western family!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Welcome to our Best Western Family! We are very happy to have you. I hope that you have signed-up to become a Best Western Rewards member so that you get all of the perks that go with that. (Shame on us if you are not.)
We occasionally hear that people are amazed how wonderfully clean and cozy our rooms are. We may not have multiple floors or an ocean view but we do have sparkling clean and comfortable rooms with awesome bedding for our guests. Our rooms all come with a 32 inch flat- screen TV, a microwave, refrigerator, in-room safe, ample towels and pillows and plenty of amenities. Then there is the outdoor heated pool and lest we forget, a FREE deluxe continental breakfast for everyone in the morning. All of this nestled in 13 beautiful acres of Maine woods.
Our fresh baked cookies are a popular afternoon treat along with your choice of hot beverage. We are very happy to see the smiles when the plates come out. In front parking does make unloading easier and there is plenty of it. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your wonderful review Jane
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

On my first visit to Acadia, I came as part of a group of photographers taking a week-long workshop. While the weather wasn't completely cooperative, the hotel was a marvelous place to stay. Very, very clean and well kept, the staff are helpful and made the stay enjoyable.The location was great as well - an easy distance from the park and 1.5 hours from the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I cannot tell you how please we are that you would stay with us again should your travel plans include Bar Harbor, Maine. Acadia National Park and all of MDI does seem to be the photographer's paradise, especially in the fall with the foliage bringing such brilliant colors to an already gorgeous landscape. We are happy that you found the rooms to be clean and staff helpful that means we are doing our jobs. We have many photography groups in among our reservations for this October; perhaps you will be one of them? Thank you. Jane
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The breakfast had a larger selection of items than other Plus Best Westerns we stayed at. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and could direct us to points of interest. Extremely clean and large rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much. While being a PLUS could be advantageous to us in some ways, we feel being a standard Best Western with upgraded amenities is right for us and our guests. Thank you for the compliment. We do take pride in the large selection offered in our free deluxe Continental Breakfast and we are happy that you enjoyed it. This year we have added a delicious Belgian waffle and even have blueberry syrup. We hope you will make a return visit. With warm regards, Jane
Potsdam, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I read the reviews prior to booking the Best Western and I was very happy with our decision to stay there. We received an updated room and everything in it appeared to be new. The bed was very comfortable and they provided plenty of pillows and extra blankets if needed. It was nice to have the microwave and refrigerator and air conditioning that worked well and was not too loud. The cleaning staff came on a daily basis and did a great job keeping eveything looking good. Upon arrival the front desk offered us fresh cookies and coffee or hot chocolate.(It was a nice surprise to find hot chocolate since it is not offered at many of the places we have been). Breakfast options included waffles, sausage, premade omelets, toast, bagels as well as the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The ladies working the breakfast area were very pleasant and took the time to show you the options when they realized it was your first morning there which was a nice touch. Everyone working at this property seemed to enjoy the public and was happy to help in any possible way. I would definitely return here and recommend it to anyone traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have been updated but would ask for one if not offered one. They are like a n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We believe it is true that “happy employees make happy guests.” Our staff does love the public and customer service is our top priority. (Tied with providing clean and comfortable rooms!) I do believe that we are one happy bunch. We are very pleased that you found our property to be “great”. Thank you so much. We sincerely hope that all of our guests enjoy the awesome free breakfast and get a chance to meet our friendly and knowledgeable hostesses. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Jane
Bolton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I were more than satisfied with our stay at the Best Western Acadia Park Inn. Everything from the efficient, polite and friendly staff to the ample quarters and the bountiful breakfast was tremendous. The woman who oversees the breakfast, Carole, made sure that you were satisfied with the breakfast offerings and was a wealth of information concerning things to do. I'd stay there again and recommend it to my friends without reservation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
We certainly appreciate all the kind things you have to say concerning your stay at our BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. On occasion we get a review that gives a little lower rating on our breakfast. We do not understand what they feel we are not providing, so it is with great pleasure that we read the words “bountiful” and “tremendous” in your review of the same. We believe it to be a complete meal with many offerings and we add other seasonal items when available. Carole is indeed a wealth of information. We are very happy to hear that you will stay again and also recommend us to your friends. Word of mouth is worth what money cannot buy. Thank you so much. Jane
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at Best Westerns before and found them to be a little bit better than most of the other places I've stayed. That was my motivation for booking my stay at this one and I wasn't disappointed.

The room was very attractive, the bedding was simple but looked elegant because of small extra touches that were added. It was a pleasant surprise to discover 4 pillows on the bed too. The room was very clean and neat and every day the cleaning staff was diligent about supplying more shampoo's/soaps/towels, etc. I've stayed in places where this was NOT done so beleive me, it was appreciated!
My room had a small fridge; a microwave; a coffee maker with coffee; an iron and ironing board and even a safe! All this was provided for just slightly more than I would normally pay for a room without all the extras.

The lobby personel were also exceptional. They gave us suggestions for various things to see in the area; popular places to eat and shop; as well as detailed directions and maps to all of it. They provided me with a bowel of free creamers when I discovered I had forgotten to stop and buy my own milk. I never needed to buy milk during my entire stay because of them. They also put out fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies and flavored coffees in the lobby every day.

Their version of a continental breakfast is WAY above and beyond most places. They have a special building next to the outdoor heated pool, where breakfast is served every day. They offer omletts; sausage; muffins; bagels; cereals; yogurt; fruit salad just for starters. I never really was able to grasp the entire array of foods that were offered. The lady that runs it even offered to package up some extra foods for us to take with us on our hike. In short, these people were amazing!!

Everyone was exceptionally kind and helpful. They all offered assistance in a variety of forms even if it wasn't 'their job'. They gave the impression that they all love their jobs and want the guests to truly feel at home. I was extremely surprised and so very happy with this abundance of good will. I felt like I knew them personally and had no problem swapping stories with all of them whenever the chance arose.

The lady that runs the breakfast building is something of an expert on the area and it's attractions. She made up a map of Cadillac Mountain/Bar Harbor for us indicating the best spots for us to hike (after we told her how terrified we were trying to drive up that mountain); how difficult it would be and how long it would take. She was right on the money with everything she told us.

Overall this Best Western was THE best place I've ever stayed. And because they were so friendly and accomodating I intend to go back next year and I'd gladly reccommend others to stay there as well.
My visit did take place before their busy season kicked in but I'm sure that they will still be accomodating even at the height of the season. It seems to just be their way and it's a great way to run a business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Wow! What a fantastic review. I personally love the “good will” terminology that you used. We sure do wish to spread lots of good will. Thank you very much for taking the time to list all of the extra ways our staff goes above and beyond to create a memorable experience for our guests. We do this because we genuinely love our jobs and we wish to be the best at them.
“Stay with People Who Care” is the 2013 slogan for BEST WESTERN as a brand. We at the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn take that to heart and try our best to prove it every single day with every guest all season long. We believe that some potential guests may under estimate our lodging accommodations, amenities, service, and commitment to customer service because we are not in the center of town and we are an older property that has undergone extensive renovations. Thank you for helping us enlighten the world to the fact that we are a great stay.
We do have a breakfast-to–go for those who wish to start the day out earlier than 6:30 a.m. (Just check in with the desk the night before).Carole is wonderful with the guests and does her absolute best to make breakfast a happy and belly-satisfying time for all. She is a wealth of information too, a fact to which many a guest can attest.
We do provide safes in every room ensuring a level of confidence and security for those who wish not to carry valuables with them while exploring and enjoying Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. The safe, along with our extra- tall mini-fridge and microwaves are all items that guests have requested in the past and we were happy to oblige by putting one in every single room last year. Again, thank you very much. We look forward to your return visit next spring. Sincerely, Jane

Been to BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn? Share your experiences!