“The Enchanted Cottage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ullikana Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Ullikana Bed and Breakfast
You added Ullikana Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
16 The Field, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #7 of 33 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
pgh pa
“The Enchanted Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My husband and I travel to Maine as it is our favorite place. We have stayed in hotels, inns and b&b's all over this lovely state and have found that this inn is truly wonderful. The owners Roy & Helene are very warm and friendly people and have made this place a whimsical, delightful home. It is a tudor mansion with beautiful wood and stained glass, working fireplaces and lovely art placed everywhere. Our room was in a french country theme and really rather large but still cozy and homey . It had a working fireplace and a private deck and lovely accents and pictures. The breakfasts on the terrace in the morning were first rate and the afternoon wine and cheese was a special added touch.
Although it was located just a few minutes away from the hustle of Main street Bar Harbor you felt like you had stumbled on this cottage in the woods after a long tranquil walk through the forest. Everything was really delightful and Lord willing, we hope to return next year !!

Stayed September 2006

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sutton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts, but we have enjoyed Ullikana the most. We plan to go back next year and will undoubtedly stay there whenever we go to Bar Harbor now. What makes it so special is the inn keepers and their staff. Never have I felt so welcomed at an inn. Nothing is an imposition to inn keepers, Helene and Roy. I felt totally pampered. The music in the foyer and the wine and cheese on the terrace at the end of the day make you feel at home and part of a community when you return. The house is beautiful with eclectic works of art everywhere. The room was wonderful as was the view. It is centrally located (everything within minutes walk). It is tucked between the busy streets and the harbor though, so it feels very private. Everything at the inn is top notch- extra clean room, soft towels and sheets, exquisite breakfast... The owners black lab, Louie, is the icing on the cake! Don't miss this opportunity!

• Liked — Gracious Staff; Exquisite Accommodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room with a balcony. It is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

Had a fantastic time at Ullikana. The room was spacious and well-decorated. The location was great - quietly tucked away off the main road in Bar Harbor. And best of all. the innkeepers and staff were probably the most welcoming that we have ever met during our holidays. Roy was really helpful - offering advice on the island walks and making sure we had everything we needed. Helene cooked the most delicious breakfasts ever! Sid made sure that we were always comfortable in the evenings and was happy to make reservations for us at the many quality restaurants in the town.

I think that every hotelier in the business could learn something about hospitality from this place. We hope to visit again, but for longer next time!

• Stayed October 2005
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2005

What a wonderful place to escape to at anytime! Great location! Friendly innkeepers who will make your stay special! A place to meet people, grow as travelers and really enjoy to the total Ullikana experience. We will return.

Stayed October 2005
Tijuana, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

The Ullikana is situated steps away from all the restaurants and shops of Bar Harbor, but is tucked away on The Field. You have the feeling of being away from it all, but are just a two minute walk from dinner. The innkeepers are extremely welcoming and helpful in answering questions about hikes, bike rides, and places to visit. The breakfast is wonderfully prepared and served on their patio with views of the harbor. To top things off, there is wine and cheese served every afternoon on the patio, where you can mingle with other guests are just sit and enjoy the garden and the views. Excellent place--I highly recommend spending some time there.

• Stayed August 2005
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

My wife and I stayed at Ullikana for three nights in the middle of October 2004 on our honeymoon. I had been to Bar Harbor twice before with my family, but this was the first time at Ullikana. I can safely say that it will not be the last.

A few of the notable things about the Ullikana:

The breakfasts - An excellent start to all three days...a great mixture of fruits and a breakfast entree (examples were a swiss egg and crepe and a german apple pancake).

The afternoons - We spent most of two days in Acadia National Park (10 minute drive) and came home to wine and cheese in the reading room with no less than 10 other people around for conversation.

The Innkeepers - Fantastic. They were more than happy to recommend a restaurant, make reservations, discuss hiking trails or downtown shops. Also, even though I only mentioned it in passing on the telephone when I made the reservation, they recalled that we were on our honeymoon, and had a special treat waiting for us in our room.

I have already recommended Ullikana to my parents for their next Bar Harbor trip and if you haven't seen Maine in the Autumn, it's a treat.

• Stayed October 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2004

My wife & I stayed at the Ulikana several times, though have not been there in a while.

Nonetheless the owners are amazingly friendly, knowledgable on things to do, unbeliveable cooks and just all around perfect Innkeepers!

Because we now travel with our Goffin's Cocaktoo we can no longer stay at the Ulikana (no pets)

I would say that if you are lucky enough get a reservation and make the trip, you will not be disappointed! Close to downtown, yet far enough away to be serene and quiet at night. The community livingroom is a place that my wife and I shared hours with other guests sharing funny stories in a very comfortable setting.

I can't say enough about the Ulikana! Don't settle for anything else, this is the place to be in bar Harbor!

Been to Ullikana Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!