“Extremely Helpful family owners” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgeway Inn

Ridgeway Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Ridgeway Inn
You added Ridgeway Inn to your Saves list
11 High Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #33 of 33 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Maine
“Extremely Helpful family owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

My wife and I were lucky enough to get 3 nights "away" last May so we went up to Bar Harbor. We were not sure what to expect since town was just opening for the season. We came across the Ridgeway Inn (open year round by the way) and immedietly knew we had found the right place. The family that owns this place is extremely helpful all the way around. They steered us to great places to eat, must see areas and even where to go that "most visitors don't get a chance to see". We felt like we were privy to local info! Rooms are well decorated and the price was definately reasonable. We're looking forward to getting up there again, and SOON!

Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Solo
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Owners use as their home and have 2 boys,,,,get used to kid noise. You probably won't see the owners, we had a note to call them in order to check in.....Have to share parking with the owners. We were chastised for not leaving enough room for them to park. Worst deal, check you credit card statements carefully, both we and the couple we travelled with were charged a second time for the stay 5 months later. Have tried to contact the property but of course they do not return phone calls or emails. To boot, the property is not that well cared for.
Cross them off your list.............

• Disliked — absolutely ignored by owners
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Traveled to Bar Harbor with a friend for some cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Found the Ridgeway just by driving around town. Great quiet inn, friendly people, clean. We were able to walk to what restaurants were open, not many by the way.
The rates were very affordable. Hoping to be back this summer.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — breakfast hours could be longer
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Have stayed at the Ridgeway a couple times before. I am a native of Maine and love to visit Bar Harbor in the off season. the Ridgeway has a great location and the owners/innkeepers are great. Love the fireplace in the common area and the rooms are sooo quiet. will always make this my first choice in bar harbor.

• Liked — location, innkeepers
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Last autumn I had to make a last minute cancellation at the Ridgeway Inn because of severe weather. I understand that the Inn has a 14 day cancellation policy, but the owner Jennifer said it wasn't a problem and she hoped that we could come up later in the winter instead. I was so relieved that she would refund the money because my boyfriend and I are younger and we don't go away a lot. If she had said that she had to charge me, we probably would have gone up anyway and just had a stormy weekend.

Now, it's three months later and my money has not been refunded. I called several times and she said that it just takes a few days to go through. Later she even told me she had called the credit card company to ask about the reversal - the credit card company has no record of her calling. Now she won't pick up the phone when I call, or return my messages and emails.

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a bed and breakfast, and many people seem to have had a similar experiences. WARNING - the owner sounds incredibly nice on the phone, but it's completely fake and she clearly has no problem lying to people. Dealing with the dispute office at a credit company isn't fun - save yourself some time and pain and do not stay here.

• Disliked — The owners are dishonest and extremely frustrating
  • Stayed November 2007
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

Do not stay here! I booked a trip and unfortantely had to cancel my trip. I was so upset I wanted to go and was looking to reschedule with this Inn. I cancelled a month before my trip was planned (14 day cancellation is their policy) and they charged my credit card. I called once and it wasn't a problem, the owner Jennifer said it was a mistake. Well, here we are four months later, I still didn't have not been refunded. The owner lies about when she'll return the money and how she'll return the money. I swear she screans her calls too. They do not return any calls and their email provided doesn't work, neither does their 1-800 number. These people are scammers. I finally just yesterday 12/10 (trip was back in September) disputed the charge with my credit card company and got my money back through them. Now the credit card company is going after the owner Jennifer. I would not recommend the Ridegway Inn at all. Don't fall into any traps with these people.

Stayed September 2007
Weymouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

These people appear to be in the business of ripping people off. I was charged twice the cost of my stay and they have not rectified the situation after a month of asking them to. They do not return phone calls or emails asking them to respond to claims of over charging. They appear to have done this to many other people. Do not stay at the Ridgeway Inn.

• Disliked — over charging me and then not fixing the error after repeated attempts to get them to do so! I am not the only one this has happened to!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Ridgeway Inn? Share your experiences!