The Primrose Inn is beautiful and in excellent condition. The staff are very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Our room #10 was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfasts and afternoon teas were absolutely delicious! The location of the Inn is great-a few blocks away from the shops and restaurants in downtown Bar Harbor (we and the evening staff woman at the Inn recommend Rosalie's Pizza) and a short drive to the entrance of Acadia National Park and the road to Cadillac Mountain. The Inn has CDs available to borrow that are a narrated guide through the park, which we found very informative and helpful. The Inn has a good-sized collection of DVDs to borrow in your room, as well as a public computer with a USB port, an SD card slot, and free Internet access. Near the shelf of DVDs is a back counter with complimentary snacks and a mini fridge with soda pop and bottled water. The only drawback we experienced was that the walls and ceilings were thin, so we could hear muffled voices in the evening and snoring at night. Turning on the ceiling fan helped cover the noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic Bar Harbor Bed and Breakfast is perfectly located only a short stroll from Main Street and only a mile from Acadia National Park. Features 15 spacious guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, luxurious linens, air conditioning, flat-panel TV/DVD and wireless internet access. Many rooms feature gas fireplaces, spa tubs and private porches. Full breakfast served each morning; also Afternoon Tea with freshly baked goods. Reserved parking; smoke-free and pet-free. Open May to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Primrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primrose Hotel Bar Harbor
- Primrose Inn Bar Harbor, Maine