“very comfortable, with the best breakfasts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Graycote Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Graycote Inn
You added Graycote Inn to your Saves list
40 Holland Avenue, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Offers & Announcements
Third night 50% off
Ranked #24 of 34 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Frisco, Colorado
“very comfortable, with the best breakfasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited during the off-season (mid-April) and had a wonderful stay. The innkeepers are very helpful and knowledgeable and were committed to ensuring that we enjoy our visit-- a plus for first timers to the area. We had a small room (one of the cheaper options!) but spent most of our time out and about anyway. It's a beautiful historic home, quite clean and comfortable.

The breakfasts were our favorite part, especially since we prefer vegetarian meals. Excellent presentation, healthy options, and it's served restaurant-style. They are very accommodating for any dietary needs. There's enough parking around the house, and nearly everything is within walking distance, even a natural foods store just a block or two away. We really appreciated the 'green' aspect of this B&B and will hopefully come back for another stay!

Room Tip: The Cranberry Isles room is small, but doable as one of the cheaper options. The bed is comfortable...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Graycote and had a wonderful experience! Roger and Pat were both very welcoming and helpful. They gave us great tips about Acadia and Bar Harbor in the winter which helped us out tremendously. You can tell they want their guests to enjoy the island as much as they do. The breakfast each morning was inspired and delicious! And they will have coffee ready for you outside your room an hour before breakfast starts, which I think is such a nice touch. I picked out a room with a fireplace and it was perfect! It includes one duraflame log that is replaced each day. It was so nice to relax by a fire and chat with my sweetheart before going to bed. I really felt as though I was at home in this inn. As others have said, the location is also terrific. It is off a side street very close to all of the restaurants and shops. You can walk anywhere within minutes, but also feel like you are off the beaten path. It really was so comfortable, warm and welcoming. I am looking forward to planning another trip to Bar Harbor and would not think about staying anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a great stay here. The inn is very close to town so a short walk and your there. The room my wife and I stayed in had a fireplace which was a very nice touch, and a clean burning log was provided every evening. Pat & Roger, the innkeepers were very informative about the area and freely give tips on where to go.
Just an fyi..the main house has no tv, so if you want to watch anything, bring your laptop, or tablet, and a current Netflix subscription. Otherwise you are out of luck. The WiFi in the house was adequate to stream with a few lost connections. Breakfast was good, made with fresh local ingredients, although if your a carnivore, you would be better served to go around the corner to Jordan's.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I spent the 4th week of September at our favorite B&B, the Graycote Inn.
When I say favorite, I mean it! This was our 9th or 10th week-long visit. We can't resist
returning each year to enjoy the warmth, comfort, and convenience of this inn. We just love Pat and Roger and how much at home we feel around them. Indeed, I feel like a priveleged person because we can go back time after time. When I write my memoirs I will say with great fondness "we regularly vacationed in Bar Harbor at the Graycote Inn".

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We recently had the good luck to spend some time at the Graycote Inn and found the experience delightful. The Graycote is blessed with an absolutely perfect location; it’s a short walk to all of the many sights and wonderful dining opportunities in Bar Harbor! Our room was very clean, charming, and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious; we especially loved the blueberry-apple crisp! Our hosts were very helpful in providing tips about the Bar Harbor area, which we especially appreciated as it was our first visit to this beautiful and diverse piece of “Heaven on Earth”. We plan to return next year; to this divine spot and this welcoming Inn!

Issue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Pat and Roger: thank you for a most relaxing, enjoyable and delicious !! stay. We love your accomodations and your personally accommodating ways. I miss your wonderful breakfasts. One of Kevin's "favorite" things was taking the cut-through at night to the alley and walking into town. Simple pleasures! We would not have known about that without your guidance. I especially enjoyed seeing your historic maps pinpointing the Graycote, and of course our unexpected adventures at Kenarden. Overall, for those who enjoy inns and innkeepers, there will be no disappointment if you choose to stay here. The location can't be beat; the accommodations are quiet and relaxing and immaculately kept. We had the upstairs of the cottage (with TV) and it was very private. We found the innkeepers to be delightful, and we hope to return again.

Room Tip: Uptairs cottage has TV and it works perfectly.
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We couldn't have picked a better place to stay for our first visit to Bar Harbor. The place is immaculate and well taken care of. Breakfasts were a treat and changed very day. Pat and Roger were very gracious and couldn't have been more helpful in recommending restaurants and attractions. My husband and I felt right at home. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Graycote Inn? Share your experiences!