We try to rate properties based on the category they fall into. A motel should not get a one star rating because you are comparing it to a Ritz property. Far to may people on trip advisor seem to do that. For this review, we give the Belle Isle four stars in the category of economical roadside motel. This motel is easy to find - its right on the road between I-95 and Bar Harbor. The property itself is clean and neat. The office closes at night but they provide a pickup and drop off for your room key (nice touch). The room itself was small. With two large suitcases, it was a little cramped. For the price, which was reasonable, it you should not expect more. The beds were comfortable and all sheets and towels were clean and plentiful. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot. A coffee maker is in the room and stocked with Green Mountain Coffee. The only suggestions we would have are to replace the tv and a/c unit and upgrade the cable service. The tv was an old unit (not flat screen) and the picture was blurry at times. Also would be nice to have HBO and CNN. As far as the A/C unit, it worked well i.e. got the place plenty cold but was somewhat noisy. Overall our stay was comfortable and pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine