“No better place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Belle Isle Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 State Hwy 3, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Milwaukie, Oregon
“No better place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was much better than expected. The room rate was one of the lowest we paid on our trip, but this was one of the best places we stayed. The room was small, but you are not at Acadia National Park to stay in the room. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the hospitality first rate. Easy access to Bar Harbor and the park. Everything about our stay was perfect. Don't pass this up based on the price.

Room Tip: The rooms are very small, but had everything needed for a comfortable stay. Request a room in the se...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Remembering first of all that this is a motel not a hotel, one can't expect a hotel experience (which I personally believe is better). We found this to be a quaint place with a great location, a very clean room, and a great mattress to sleep on. The water pressure was great (which is always a plus for those of us with thick hair). Even though I never use them - the room did provide a hair dryer and shampoo. The staff was awesome and so helpful in providing any information that we needed. If you are looking for a convenient place to stay for a great price and where people act like they appreciate your business, then I high recommend this motel. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bar Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon my stay at the Belle Isle Motel I found it to be one of the best motels I have ever stayed in. First and For most The Owners Darren And Camille are just wonderful. They were so inviting and helped us with anything we needed whether it was directions or something for our room. I have to say that I wasn't the biggest fan of little ma and pa places until I had been here. It is just so much more personable. I have worked in the hotel/motel industry for almost a decade and I can tell you right now the way they run their business is top notch. Most of the time you find with small places like this is that there not always clean. That was the total opposite of what I found here. The rooms were quaint and very very clean. The staff other than Darren and Camille were very polite and friendly. It is close enough to Bar Harbor to just jump in the car and go but far enough away where you don't hit any of that downtown local traffic. Their grounds person/maintance man must keep up with the property regularly seeing how it was always looking good. They are doing some remodling/construction but none of it bothered me or my group and from what I understand they are remodling to better serve their clientel! I would recommend this motel to anyone taking any sort of trip to Bar Harbor. It fits all criteras and you'd be a fool not to stay here! Again The owners Darren and Camille are just what makes that property shine! Heres to 2013 WE WILL SEE YOU THEN!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Willimantic, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The motel's staff was very friendly and helpful, allowing us to check-in early. The grounds were in impeccable condition. The room furnishings were a bit dated but in good condition. We were pleasantly surprised to find a fridge, microwave, hair dryer & shampoo in the room - a rarity for motels we've stayed in.

The bathroom did not have a ceiling fan and we noticed moisture built up quickly in the room after a hot shower which might have been the cause of a musty smell in the room. The motel is pet friendly for a nominal $10 per night fee. The overall room rate is very affordable. If you're just needing a place to stay for a night to sightsee in Acadia, this is a good spot. However, for a lengthier stay we would not have been comortable. It is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Bar Harbor and eating choices near the motel were limited.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsford, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My room was small but it was very clean and had all the amenities. Some say the wifi didn't work. I don't need wifi. Why would I? I am on vacation!!! They gave me a room on the end in back and I could walk my dog on the trails to the small meadow. Very convenient. It had a small porch to enjoy. All in all with the reasonable price and convenience to just about everything, it was just right for my needs...and my dog's! I will come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mokena, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

we had booked 3 days here but we were disappointed in the motel....hey, I love good price and that it was... motel was clean ... this was 8 miles to Bar Harbor.. anyway they had advertised high speed internet... not so as in no internet (or as the young lady at the front desk said "its cloudy out") ... we asked to be given a refund and there were no problems with that....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a short stay at the Belle Isle motel in September, our second time there. The ownership has made so many nice improvements to the buildings and the entire property. This place has such a nice feel to it. The employees seem to be so happy, I asked our house keeper about it and her response was this...."It's easy to be happy at work when you like coming to work"....impressive. The rooms were very neat and clean. We noticed the biggest changes in our bathroom, the drain pipes used to be exposed and now they have a nice little vanity in them with storage under the sink. They have also added hairdryers as well, a very nice touch. I think what we enjoyed most was the friendly environment, everytime we turned around someone was saying hello with a smile on their face...not only people who worked at the motel but other guests as well. It was a very enjoyable stay for us, not to mention it is very inexpensive as well!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belle Isle Motel? Share your experiences!