“Clean, comfortable and convenient at a nice price!” 5 of 5 stars

Belle Isle Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 State Hwy 3, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Nesconset, New York
“Clean, comfortable and convenient at a nice price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first trip to Maine, and the Belle Isle Motel fully met my needs, as I was out and about most of the time. Conveniently located, the motel is just a quick 10 minute drive to Acadia and Bar Harbor. While the room was small, it was very clean and comfortable. The wi-fi, AC, and refrigerator all worked fine; no problems with the bathroom either, and more than adequate water pressure in the shower. The utilitarian TV (small and wall-mounted) was perfectly suitable. My only (and very minor) quibble would be that the room was a bit dim, as both the desk lamp and night table lamp provided only minimal lighting. The staff was friendly and courteous; and the housekeeping was professional and efficient. Overall, the very reasonably priced Belle Isle Motel is a great value. I plan to return to the area next year, and I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I returned again this year for a longer stay. I had a small room once again but it certainly serves my needs as I am out in Acadia most of the time. It is a very clean place to stay and my room as well taken care of. Having a coffee pot and refrigerator in the room is great! There is also a hairdryer which was helpful as well. I was near the end of the row of rooms so it was pretty quiet. I was surprised that the breakfast had been discontinued as it is still listed. I hear another guest asking about it as well. The young girl (cleaner) seemed to know nothing about it. Unfortunately, I didn't see Camille at all this year. However, I enjoyed myself and will be back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had reserved two rooms here for four of us. The rooms are very tiny, at least the ones with queen beds. There was barely any room to layout our suitcases and move around the room. The TVs are small and installed high up on the walls. There is no breakfast, but a small outdoor pool, laundry facility, and plenty of outdoor furniture. The rooms were clean overall but there was a dirty washcloth in the shower when we arrived and some hair on the bathroom floor. The motel is about 6 miles outside of downtown Bar Harbor and there isn't really much within walking distance. It was inexpensive but it's definitely nothing special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dania Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you plan to visit Acadia this is the place if you are not going to be in your room except to shower and sleep. The rooms are small but clean and the location is perfect for getting to the park and out of the area in the morning. I used the grill to cook and which was a plus. The management could not be more helpful and also the cleaning people.

This place is a bargain for Acadia NP.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hermon, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at the Belle Isle 2 nights last week and couldn't have been happier. It was very affordable! The staff was very friendly and the rooms were comfortable. They treated my wife and I like family. I look foward to our next stay in a couple of weeks and highly suggest the Belle Isle to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed three nights at the Belle Isle. We were spending time in both Bar harbor and Acadia National Park. The location is fine, just 10 minutes to both town and the Park entrance.

Our room was smallish but more than adequate and everything worked fine. The service was attentive and housekeeping did a nice job each day cleaning the room. If you want a low cost and nicely situated place to stay on Mount Desert Island, I recommend the Belle Isle as a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Kent, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

What a great little place to lay our head for the weekend. Close enough to Bar Harbor, but far from the expensive prices you get in town. The pool was just what we needed to refresh after a hot day. Surprised at all of the extras the room had - fridge, microwave, hairdryer. super clean room. the owners were very pleasant and welcoming. they even had a fire going outside in their firepit and chatted with guests like they were old friends. Definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Bar Harbor who doesn't want to spend a fortune just on lodging....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Belle Isle Motel? Share your experiences!