“Small location, amazing food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Bangor, Maine, United States
“Small location, amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The whole experience at this restaurant was amazing! My fiancee and I chose to go to this restaurant because it was close to where we were staying and it was also a little bit away from the busy downtown Bar Harbor area. From looking at the website, we did call and have to make a reservation. They even called us back and said we could come in earlier due to a cancellation, which we were pleased with. Our waitress was friendly. The food was AMAZING. The best meal I've ever had in Bar Harbor. All the food is from local farmer's markets, so even though the food was a tad pricey, it was 100% worth it. We ate until we were beyond stuffed. The rotating menu keeps it interesting. The restaurant is small (hence the need for reservations) but there was still privacy from table to table.

Gainesville, Florida
“Foodie delight in Bar Harbor area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ok, so we tried the grilled romaine w/anchovy and poached shrimp for appetizers. Followed that with dinners of baked halibut and seared ocean scallops w/cous cous and lobster/lemon sauce. Followed that with the poached lemon cake. WOW.

Didn't leave a crumb, every dish was superb.

Cozy and warm vibes, with a hip bar and extensive wine list.

Illinois
“Excellent meal and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just returned home from a wonderful dinner here! The scallops were the best I've ever had and my husband enjoyed the monk fish special. Everything was fresh and delicious! Be sure to make a reservation--we saw a few people turned away. They seem to stagger their reservations which results in very efficient service and hot food! The coffee was also excellent and strong! Don't miss this one!

Pinehurst
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere here was fantastic........poached shrimp and gnocchi among better ever had......service was impeccable and being a bit outside of town made it even more enjoyable.....small so reservations a must but plenty of table room.....excellent selection of wines by glass......we'd put it even or slightly better than Reading Room and well ahead of Cafe This Way.......Would recommend to family, friends and business associates without any hesitation.

Philadelphia PA
“Can't believe people like this”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have been to this place a number of times, and the food has been a disappointment every time. When I see how highly it is rated here, and read the comments, I have to scratch my head in disbelief. It is really overrated. My wife and I were just there again, and this time resolved never to go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mamacook, Owner at Town Hill Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Wow. These customers were the grouchiest we have seen in years:) Our little place is not for everyone and it's sort of like you either get what we are trying to do or you don't. The menu changes daily according to what is available at the 5 farmers markets a week that we gather from. If I went to a restaurant "numerous" times and was always disappointed, that seems like a mistake on my part. Why would you expect to enjoy it on the third or fourth time if you didn't like it the first or second? Seems weird! I don't really like McDonalds but I don't keep going there to make sure I don't like it:) Our customers are super cool but every once in awhile there has to be a hater. It's just dinner people. We're just cookin and having a good time here!