“Nice pub in the middle of downtown Bar Harbor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Woodstown, New Jersey
“Nice pub in the middle of downtown Bar Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We chose outside seating on a warm night with live music adding to the ambiance. Nice selection of beer and wine. Had an excellent appetizer of pork belly, scallop and collard greens. Well, anyone who can make me eat all of my collard greens and actually want more is doing something right with preparation and sauces. Pork belly was crisp and flavorful and scallop was nicely carmelized All in all, a pleasant surprise. We both enjoyed salads for our entree. They have a nice selection of these as well. Service was so so. But this was a nice break from all the seafood we had eaten thus far on our trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newport News, Virginia
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We sat on the patio, which was beautiful, but crowded. The location is very convenient and the restaurant offers a couple of parking spots in back of the restaurant, which is a great perk as parking in Bar Harbor is limited. The service was only ok, the food was ok, and it was quite expensive. I'm glad we tried it because we heard good things about it, but I would not be interested in going back.

New York City, New York
“ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We liked the atmosphere and the service was very friendly, if too slow. My husband and I split half a dozen of local oysters and they very great. Unfortunately, I cant say the same about the rest of the meal. My lobster mac and cheese seemed to have little cheese and the long spiral pasta was all wrong for this dish. It had barely any flavor and I wanted to like it so much. Can't remember what my husband ordered. I just remember that he was unimpressed. The upside down apricot (or nectarine?) cake was bland as well.
One of my biggest complaints about this place is what I happened to see in the kitchen. We were sitted in such a way that I could see the table with the bread in the kitchen and every waiter would just come in and slice the bread for his/her table with their bare hands, No gloves, no washing, no wiping. It could be just me but between carrying food, taking money/credit cards, cleaning tables, they touch so many things, I don't want them touching my bread. It seems easy enough to slice the bread and leave it under a clean dish towel for them to take when needed (using thongs). Thankfully, our waitress forgot to bring us the bread which was just fine with me after what I observed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wimberley
“Overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We were walking down Main Street looking for another restaurant and we saw this one. Menu sounded good so we stopped. I chose lobster Mac and cheese beeping enticed by the fancy description ( lobster with choice of fine pasta sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, or something like that since I am not quoting exactly). What I got was overcooked lobster with elbow pasta swimming in cheese souse. I have to mention that my husband order pan seared halibut and want to be sure that I gave it good rate. Overall I think they overpriced, and if they cook what they list on the menu it might be better.

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“A good casual restaurant with something to please everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We like sitting outside in the nice weather. They even let us bring our dog. The menu is varied with things like Mac and cheese, lamb burgers, salads, steaks, shepherds pie, and pâté Everything is good and reasonably priced.