“SO much fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Attractions in Bar Harbor
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Maine
“SO much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

What an amazing experience! This is a MUST do activity for anyone visiting Bar Harbor! The guide we had is an incredibly experienced climber and very knowledgeable about the area! My fiance and I will definitely be going climbing again!

Visited July 2012

PA
33 attraction reviews
“Great afternoon for a family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I wanted to do something adventurous with my family (wife and 8 and 11 yr old boys) and this was perfect! Our guide was knowledgable and calm and brought us to a great, picturesque spot to do some climbing. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed this trip!

Visited August 2012
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“not for the faint of heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is not just beginner stuff, you must be in decent shape. I consider myself in "ok" shape and fairly athletic. THIS WAS AWESOME. I was totally scared out of my mind, but GRANT was such an awesome coach and instructor, he made the whole experience that much more awesome. My husband and I went to Otter Cliffs and had a great time. It was really a thrill of a lifetime. We had gorgeous weather, beautiful scenery and an AMAZING instructor. Thank you Grant. You are the man.

Visited September 2012
Port Washington, New York
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. Our guide was amazing, having just me (53 yrs old, no experience) and my daughter (17 yrs old, no experience either) for a 1/2 day journey to Otter Cliffs. Our guide (Hannah) was terrific, patient, and had us climbing and descending all morning. Our only regret is that we didn't do this for more time. Very, very highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't leave Acadia without checking out ACS.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Atlantic Climbing School offers anything your looking for, whether your a first-timer or an experienced climber looking for someone to show them the local climbing. Super solid group of guides, who are extremely proficient at what they do. I recommend these guys to anyone, they will make your experience in Acadia unforgettable.

Visited September 2012