We stayed at this B&B in August 2012 in one of the rooms in the annex attached to the rear of the main house. We had a wonderful stay. Several visitors were repeats. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, attractive. The proprietor (Andrew?) is friendly, helpful and cooks a excellent continental breakfast himself. I believe the property has been in his family for some time, and the Inn has a good, established reputation. Thornhedge is located on a main street leading into the center of Bar Harbor, walking distance to pick up the bus into Acadia park, or the shops. The street is lined with other inns and older houses. The common areas of the inn are well appointed and inviting. For the moderate cost (high season), we felt this place was good value, especially compared with some of the motels along Rt. 3 which put you some distance from Bar Harbor and park entrances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine