After a very long journey (thanks to Hurricane Sandy), we were delighted to arrive at the welcoming Saltair Inn. The innkeepers were out trick or treating because we arrived so late, but had left us a lovely letter and offered us the choice of any of the available rooms (at no extra cost), we could just pick the one we liked the best. After such a bad start to our trip, we felt this was very kind of Matt and Kristi. Our room was very comfortable, the bath was big and we felt very cosy in our chosen room. We helped ourselves to some very nice cookies that had been left out and felt very at home.
The highlight for us was the breakfasts and we very much enjoyed talking with Kristi and the other guests. Juno the dog was a big plus too. Thanks to everyone for the chats at breakfast, it was a great start to the day. I also have to say that the blueberry stuffed French toast is the best breakfast I have ever had - big thumbs up Kristi. The whole house was lovely and we will definitely be back next year - freak weather permitting!
Thanks Kristi and Matt
Karen and Jeremy (UK)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three blocks from the center of town, the Saltair Inn offers luxurious waterfront suites appointed with king-size beds, elegant private baths, multiple gas fireplaces, TV, and private sitting rooms overlooking the Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Hotel Bar Harbor
- Saltair Inn Waterfront Bed And Breakfast
- Saltair Inn Waterfront B&B Bar Harbor, Maine