“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate at the Great Maine Breakfast on our last day in Bar Harbor--and it was a nice way to end a wonderful week.
My husband had biscuits & gravy (his favorite breakfast) and thought it was good- could have been more spicy for him but overall he was pleased.
I had the special- an egg breakfast with all my favorites: eggs, cheese, spinach, tomato and avocado-- I was first told there was no avocado and was going to change my order but the server double- checked and said they did still have some. I'm glad as it was really good!
I received an oatmeal bread toasted which was very good --- but I wish they served Blueberry Jam that Maine is so well known for (and is sold in every store in Bar Harbor)!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Texas
“Delicious Breakfast - Cozy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We got a late start and had trouble finding a place in Bar Harbor that was serving breakfast. Then we stumbled upon Great Maine Breakfast! We happened to be the next-to-last customers before the place closed for the winter season, but you wouldn't have known it from the way we were treated. The staff was friendly and attentive and the food came quickly and was delicious! I'm still regretting that I didn't get a chance to try the pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese filling they had on the menu!

I highly recommend this restaurant, IF you're in the area between May and late October. Otherwise, they're closed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Enfield, Connecticut
“Best Hot Chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Since I am not a coffee drinker, hot chocolate is my go-to hot drink, and it is surprising how many places can't get it right. This place does! In addition, our breakfasts were superb - and very filling! I tried the veggie Eggs Benedict. Great choice of breads also. Service was rather frenetic, but so was the morning crowd, so...

Visited October 2013
tamworth england
“Exactly what it says ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A breakfast choice un equalled and of sufficient quantity to set you up for the day .. Excellent service quality food and reasonably priced ... People were queuing at 8.am for a table
Wonderful thank you

Miami
“Homemade Pot Roast Hash - Worth The Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Huge pancakes including fresh Maine blueberries - and pumpkin (in season), but the crowning jewel of our breakfast experience was the homemade pot roast hash. The waitress said the roast simmers all day, then it's shredded and mixed with seasoned potatoes and such. Oh my. Love on a plate. On every table you'll also find a jar of their homemade strawberry-rhubard jam. Try it on their freshly baked oatmeal bread. Mmm. This place is worth the wait - seriously. Buy a t-shirt and a jar of jam to take home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere