“Wonderful !” 5 of 5 stars

24 Atlantic Avenue, near Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed 3 times at the Shore Path Cottage, on my way back from summer camp where I was dropping my kids. The first time was pure luck, and we were so happily surprised. A little set back from the noisy buzz of the town, right on the sea this place is so calming and relaxing, Roberta is delightful, so welcoming and charming, the breakfast is so delicious, and if the weather permits you can have it on the porch with the morning sun...really nice before going on a hike on Cadillac Mountain ! the third time I was there with my sister and a friend and they too, just loved it. I vacation in Maine every summer and the drive to The summer camp is long, it is so nice to know I'll have a good rest at Roberta's on my way back !! This summer I hope my husband will come along, he has never been to Acadia, BarHarbor and the Cottage and it's worth the trip !!

Room Tip: La chambre de Roberta est magnifique
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Louisville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Roberta met my sister and I at the front door with a smile and made us feel right at home. Shore Path Cottage is a very unique property. The large porch and garden are right on the Atlantic so beautiful & peaceful & yet you are only a very short walk to the square. The rooms were comfortable & each had it's own personality. The breakfasts were delicious . Fresh fruit & homemade granola were available each am. Plus we were offered pancakes one am & eggs the next. I would highly recommend staying with Roberta and her daughters. I will go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Shore Path Cottage is an ideal get away in a beautiful setting. This large home once sheltered Roberta's large family and their presence is imbued in the interior design and comfortable look and feel of the inn. We loved the variety and quality of breakfast options including delicious veggie omelets and amazing gingered salmon. Afternoon wine and cake was an awesome treat after bicycling in Acadia Park. Roberta spent time visiting with her guests to ensure everyone was satisfied with their meals and experience overall. We are delighted to recommend Shore Path and consider Roberta to be one of the most caring innkeepers we've ever met.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We reserved a room at the Shore Path for a long weekend trip to Bar Harbor. The location was great, the home is beautiful, and the hostess is a very lovely woman. It just fell a little short for us. Part of the reason we booked Shore Path is that it boasted a healthy and hearty breakfast, but the first day we were there, very little was served and I'm not sure that what was tasted very organic (of course I could be wrong). This did improve by the second day, but you may want to check and make sure you're not one of two couples staying there or it could be an issue for you too. We stayed in Lisabeth's room, which I felt was a little overpriced for its size, the bed and the bathroom. The bed was not a king sized bed, but two twin beds pushed together. The bathroom was a small addition that was built into the room that only one person can fit into at a time. Maybe a single traveler would be comfortable, but it's definitely not a room for a couple. The other rooms looked very nice and perhaps like they had true king beds. Once snack time came, there was some stale pretzels and chips in a small bowl that were served with a bottle of wine (that hopefully hadn't been open for as long as the pretzels or chips). The bottom line for me was that the home was beautiful and the woman who runs it was very nice, but the bed, bathroom and food served were not what I expected based on the website description and the amount that we paid for the stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Great innkeeper with Roberta and adult members of her family. The food was great with Roberts's homemade granola & fresh fruit every day along with varied main courses. Especially liked the long family style breakfast table. Great sitting rooms &porches. Walking to all town attractions.

• Stayed August 2012
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

What a peaceful, beautiful home! The porch by the bay with gentle ocean breeze and salt air was so relaxing. The breakfasts were delicious and healthy. The bed so very comfortable. And Roberta is an incredibly warm and welcoming innkeeper. The location is perfect....truly 5 minutes to Acadia and a few houses from downtown. We cannot wait to get back! Carol & Bob

Room Tip: Roberta's room is very large, and oh so comfortable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
South Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The porch view of the bay, the location and proximity to Bar Harbor were great! Find your way to compass point and it's interesting rock beaches that are close by but offer a private/ remote setting well worth the short trip by, car, bike or 1 mile walk from the Inn.

We were offered a very nice room on the 1st night of our stay, large and comfortable enough for my wife and 15 year old niece who slept on a cot. Making our reservations late we were told we would need to move to another room. The 2nd room was much smaller.... with bath just out side. We found it strange that the very nice room we were happy with remained vacant the next two nights. I am uncertain why we had to move... Breakfast was good and accommodations were made each morning for our gluten free niece! Choose of room here is important. A couple I would not have liked at all and a couple were terrific.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Shore Path Cottage? Share your experiences!