“CUSTOMER SERVICE! :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
New Bedford
“CUSTOMER SERVICE! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Me and my friends have been going to Old Orchard Beach on vacation for many many years.And we have always stayed at the Seabreeze Motel each and every time. It's affordable, rooms are clean, comfortable and within very close proximity to the beach. But this year there was a pleasant surprise to our stay this July. The Manager at the Seabreeze Motels name is Aaron. He is hands down the most pleasant and professional Manager I have ever met. He took us to our room and had us walk around the room to make sure it was to our likening. He said " if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask." The staff also seem to like and respect Aaron. So to make a long story short ( too late ), as long as Aaron is taking care of The Seabreeze Motel.......we will be back.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charleston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sea Breeze motel just out side Bar Harbor, Maine. Thanks to other good Tripadvisor reviews we stayed three nights and loved the place. It is a small older style motel, very clean and updated with great ocean views and balconies for those who would like smoking areas. The staff is friendly and very helpful, The pool is clean and well cared for, and there are a couple outside decks for children.

The only drawback is the wifi which does not work in the rooms but can be used down by the office. Once I was connected I could sit on the deck to use the computer.
They also have a path that winds through a wild blueberry field to the ocean and is a joy to walk.

We highly recommend this hotel and will return often.

Room Tip: All the ocean view rooms are great.
Hampden, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We thought we were going to have a pleasant evening, Advertised at 79.00. Not so. And here it goes: louvre door window had no hand rank to close the window. Bathroom mirror looked like it was purchased during the civil war era, bathroom faucets were filthy. There was a swivel desk chair, must of been thrown in there for a chair. Air conditioner, tv remote didn't work , sliding screen door had to be physically pulled with exertion to close. We requested assistance twice, he brought us a fan. To top it off. Bugs crawling on the carpet. Counted 3

Room Tip: Don't bother
Hampden, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I were spending the night in Bar Harbor and found a room at the Sea Breeze. We checked in at 3 p.m. and went to our room to find the air conditioner clanking like a lawnmower. I told the manager of our problem and he said it would be looked at in 5 minutes. Two hours later at 5 p.m. I went to the desk and another person was at the desk. He knew nothing of my problem. I went back the last time at 8 p.m. when I was offered a fan...woopee! The front front door had louvers for air flow but the handcrank was busted. There were 3 bugs we found in the room. Oh the view is great!

Room Tip: it's a roll of the dice, maybe you'll get a better room and manager than we did.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

After Hurricane Arthur shortened our stay at Beautiful Blackwoods; we found ourselves seeking refuge from the storm. As Mainers ourselves, we wanted a comfortable, laid back atmosphere, and found exactly that here at the sea breeze! I write this from the sunny balcony, sipping fresh coffee brewed in our room. The tranquility is unmatched for this bustling island, especially at the height of tourist season. Since we arrived Ive seen a Doe, two fawns and a majestic hawk! The panoramic ocean veiw is truly unbelievable for the reasonable room rates, and the staff here made it feel as if we were staying with friends. The storm has passed,and the sun is shining. bright again... I think Im going to jump in that clear, inviting sea side pool infront of me. Id recomend this homey motel to anyone. There are not pretenses here. Just comfort, quiet and spectacular veiws. Just like Maine...The way life should be. -Jenna, Catherine & Acadia Rose.

• Stayed July 2014
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

we called and got a room and when we got there we were told we got the penthouse- this was anything but a penthouse. It was a small hallway attached to the back of the office that led you to your room. Then at the top of the stairs was 3 doors- one led to the room, which the room was really big with a king size bed, 2 chairs and ottomans, a fridge and a tv (no remote) there were also alot of door off that room that had paddle locks on them. Then off the bedroom was a bathroom with a huge tub in the middle of the floor and a toliet about 5 inches from it. The toliet was disgusting and I refused to sit on it. There was also a stand up shower, but I was only staying 1 night- I passed on that too. But the worse was the bathroom light was behind the bedroom door next to the sink. The rug is everywhere and the paint needs to be done. I walked on the floor once with no shoes and that was enough for me. Shoes on at all times. I do not know the last time this room was cleaned. Needless to say I had to sleep with the bathroom light on, because I was scared of the creepiness of it all. Don't think you are getting anything good when they say the penthouse.

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

It is not a luxury motel, but if they lowered their prices it would be a great economy motel with a nice view of Hull's cove and Cadillac mountain. Needs a lot of TLC. The furniture seemed like it had been replaced recently and was in great condition. The walls needed a fresh coat of paint and the porch needs to be sanded and repainted. The staff was friendly and they understood this place was overpriced and they tried their best to give discounts and/or upgrade the room at no cost. Do not pay the price listed online, call and the staff will usually lower the price. The owners believe they have a luxury motel which is unfortunate because this place is decent and could be good and very popular if priced more appropriately and updated. Upgrade to a room with an oceanview. If you want oceanfront go to The Colony it's lower priced and oceanfront. If all you need a place to sleep and don't care about a view I would recommend Belle Isle Motel instead, but if you want to wake up and see water and cadillac mountain this place is good. Call this place and talk the price down. It's rustic. You might see a beetle or moth in the room, but being between the ocean and a national park you are going to see a few bugs everywhere. I enjoyed my stay. The doors to the room need to be updated desperately. The lock didn't work on my door unless I locked it from the outside. Trying to sum this up. The furniture looks new and updated. The walls, floors and porches still need to be updated. It's not luxury but if you can haggle an economy price than I say go for it. It was better than camping. Only a couple miles from the visitor's center for Acadia. So if they continue to update, lower the price by at least half and have the staff be a little more thorough when cleaning the rooms, washing the sheets and washing the comforters than I would recommend it.

Room Tip: get a room with an oceanview. It's worth the little bit extra. There are cheaper and nicer mot...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sea Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!