“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Holland Inn
You added Holland Inn to your Saves list
35 Holland Avenue, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the holland inn! Breakfast was delicious every morning and the inn keeper is very knowledgable about Bar Harbor and provides great suggestions for hikes and things to do. Our room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned each day. I also feel like the pictures online don't do the room justice as our room was really nice to stay. The location is great too because it's really close to the harbor but also set aside in a quiet side street. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is a very nice and cosy place, run by a marvelously welcoming and friendly host, who helped me to organize a quick trip to the Acadia Park and suggested quite a nice place for dinner.
Room is comortable and cosy, maybe a bit small, but it was ok for me. Tasty breakfast, quite and convenient position.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights from 8/15/14 through 8/18/14. We loved the Inn and Innkeeper Evan ( spelling?), she was always there to help and her suggestions on where to eat, visit, tours and where to explore were dead on. The Holland Inn is close to town so you can walk everywhere, which is a huge bonus since parking is at a premium. The rooms were simple, well furnished and spacious; and the mattress was firm which was to my liking. The breakfasts were fantastic, something different everyday all served with juice, coffee and a smile. The only negative thing I could possibly say about this place and it's really pretty minor is the pillows seemed to be cheaper and needed replacing; again this is the only negative I could come up with and it would never affect my review scoring. Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again as it was a wonderful experience and Evan and her staff should be commended.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Bar Harbor and I'm so glad we picked the holland Inn for our bed and breakfast! The owner is awesome and always around to help her guests. We stayed in the Wonderland room. It was the perfect size, private bathroom, and had a great little balcony to sit on. Everything was clean and comfortable. We had gourmet breakfasts every morning that were amazing! The inn was right by main st. where all of the stores and restaurants are. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The wonderland room has a cute balcony to sit on
Amherst, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The breakfast was very good. The buildings were too close together, giving an impression of crowded facilities. Innkeeper very talkative. Our room was small even though it was one of the newer ones. I didn't like the placement of the chairs right at the foot of the bed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Evin was so helpful and friendly, and the breakfasts were practically gourmet. She had loads of good information and tips during our short stay. I highly recommend this B&B for a Bar Harbor trip. Our room was very comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beehive room, which at the time of our stay came with a dedicated parking spot in t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was a very pleasant surprise given how late we decided to book (high season I believe, mid-August 2014) . We stayed for 3 nights and had a blast. You are just outside of the busy part of downtown Bar Harbor, at about a 3-5min walk. Owner was kind, no-nonsense and very knowledgeable of places to visit, bike, hike to and the food (breakfast) was fantastic. My only minor beef with the room was the mattress, as it was a bit too soft for me (personal pref). Slept well anyway because of the amount of biking and hiking we did. If you are thinking of "hiking" the Beehive, make sure its not raining (there are little safety features along the steep ascent) :); I would not recommend this trail to families with smaller kids (or smaller people in general), although we had some kids pass (sprint past) us like mountain goats.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holland Inn? Share your experiences!