“Unbelievable! One of the funnest times yu will have out and won't stop laughing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ImprovAcadia

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 55 things to do in Bar Harbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: ImprovAcadia offers improv comedy shows seven nights a week during the season. ImprovAcadia features a cast of professional improvisers from Chicago, New York and Los Angeles. See the performers create a hilarious show using only your suggestions and their quick wits! Call 207-288-2503 to get show times and to make a reservation. Full bar, light snacks and desserts available. First show of every night is family friendly. Under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
Boston, Massachusetts
107 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

There is not much nightlife in Bar Harbor aside from the bars and restaurants and this small little theatre in downtown provides relief for this. This place boasts 4 actors/comics that put on an hour and half show full of the funniest moments and most hilarious on the spot comedy improv you will see in this area! Make it a point to get there early to get a good seat although all are close to the stage. It is audience participation at its finest and a treat! No show is the same and I would definetly go back again! Don't miss this place! Take a group and you will all have a great time!! The price is right as well!

upstate New York
3 attraction reviews
“Most Fun Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

My two teenagers (ages 14 and 16) and I went to the first evening show and we didn't stop laughing. We find we still continually repeat the jokes and laugh. The 1 1/2 hour show was constant comedy with loads of audience participation. I like that they don't do any insult comedy. The drinks and desserts were excellent. The staff treat you like your family--very upbeat. Well worth the $15. If our stay was longer, we would go again.

Boston, MA
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

My boyfriend and I went to a Saturday night 8 pm show, and it was hilarious! The family friendly show was proof that comedy doesn't need to be really raunchy to be funny. The performers were great and did some types of skits that I had never seen before. We were able to get reservations around noon on the day of the show. I don't think it was sold out, but I'm sure it would have sold out if the weather had been chilly or rainy (we had gorgeous weather, so I think people were spending more time outside). The venue is small, which is good for audience involvement. It also has a waitress who will bring you snacks (i.e. nachos, spinach dip) and drinks from the full bar. The whole experience is well worth the $15 ticket price, and the drinks and appetizers are also well-priced. I wish I didn't live 5 hours away from Bar Harbor, otherwise I'd go back every weekend!

New Hampshire
18 attraction reviews
“Don't Miss This Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We were laughing for the rest of our vacation after attending the 8 o’clock show with our three children. This is definitely a must-see for any Bar Harbor tourist with a side-splitting 90 minute kid friendly improv comedy show that never gets tired. The five actors were all fantastically talented and hilarious. We went there after dinner in town and were pleased to find out that they had a great dessert menu (and a full bar for the parents!). Audience participation was solicited throughout and it really made the show entertaining. The comedians didn’t put people on the spot but encouraged them to shout out different ideas for the improve actors to act out before each skit. The theater is small and cozy with no bad seats, but beware: it seems to sell out quickly, so book in advance and get there 30 minutes before show time. We did, and we were pleased when we were lead to the front row. It was a great night and it made our vacation! Don’t miss it!

Chicago, IL
“Best Entertainment Buy in Bar Harbor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

We were looking for a fun night out for our family and ImprovAcadia far exceeded our expectations! These first-rate Second City Chicago trained actors had our entire family in stitches! We chose the 8pm family-friendly show, which turned out entertaining for our entire family! My husband and I agreed that we had never seen our 10-year old son laugh so hard....and even my hard-to-impress 13-year old daughter had a fantastic time. The evening far exceeded our expectations...adults and kids, alike. It was more than worth the price of admission. If you are vacationing, go early in your stay because you will want to go back!