“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Orlando
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised during my recent stay at Quimby House. I chose it for location but with the price being quite low, I didn't expect much from the place. To my surprise, the room was much larger than I expected and although simply furnished, it was clean and quite comfortable. There was ample off-street parking (free!), which I learned is at a premium in Bar Harbor. The front desk attendants were extremely pleasant as well. It is hard to beat the downtown location. I would definitely stay again at Quimby House should I be fortunate enough to return to this lovely town.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

There were 2 positives about the Inn, it was in a great location and other than some mildew in the bathroom, everything else was very clean.

The cons about the room made it so we wished we had stayed home. We had to get a room in the annex due to us having a pet with us. I understand not wanting to give your nicest rooms as pet rooms but this unit was laughable. The decor, the wood paneling, the decades old barely working television... Not to mention the uncomfortable furniture and gaudy blue carpeting. It felt more like we were staying in a dingy hostel than "elegant accommodations" as their website states.

I can't say we will ever return to The Quimby House, and given the state of the unit we stayed in as well as the less than friendly front desk help, I wouldn't recommend this as a good place to stay.

Stayed August 2014
Southport, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful in answering our questions. The Inn didn't serve breakfast but there were two restaurants in the block that were easy to get too. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main part of the building and it was very quiet. The room was large and very comfor...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is very well located. It's just a 5 min walk from green village (where you take all the shuttles to explore Acadia National Park) and from bar harbor center.
This hotel was cheap compared to other hotels in the area, it is not an amazing hotel but it is great for the price and the service was amazing. The concierge were very nice, friendly and helpful giving recommendations.
I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

On a recent trip to Bar Harbor, my boyfriend and I spent two nights at the Villager Motel and two nights at the Quimby House Inn. The Inn was in a good location, in walking distance to the center of town. Our room was very clean, cozy, and reasonably priced. The front staff was very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great location! Walking distance to the harbor and downtown. Room was very clean and updated. At checkin we received maps/directions, suggestions on where to eat and things to do. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Denmark, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I usually stay on the quiet side, but that location was booked so we took a chance on the Quimby House and were very glad we did. The location menat that we could easily walk to everything in Bar Harbor and we did not have to fight for a parking place. Great food located near by for all meals. Easy to walk to night spots too. Staff was terrific and that just added to the experience. The room itself was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet and we were on the first floor near the desk. It is nice to know that we can enjoy some evening peace and quiet on the harbor side of the island.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quimby House Inn? Share your experiences!