“Great Location and very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Quimby House Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Cottage Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Montreal, Canada
“Great Location and very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was my first time in Bar Harbor and the Quimby House Inn was an amazing place to stay. It was very clean and the staff was very polite and respectful. The location was great, we were about 8 minutes walk to every important place in Bar Harbor (downtown, village green and town pier). If I ever go back to Bar Harbor, this where I'm definitely staying.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boxford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first trip to Bar Harbor. We decided to stay within the town and Quimby House was well located for that. It is the second street from the water (so no water views). After we arrived in Bar Harbor, we never had to use our car again! We walked to the sandbar to cross to Bar Island, the waterfront, the cruise boats, restaurants, ice cream places -- all within a few blocks! We rented bikes from a place across the street and it was only a mile ride to the Acadia Park carriage trails. The best part of this was the price: only $120 a night for two attached rooms, each with a queen bed, and a really large bathroom. It was clean and well-maintained. Only downside: an upstairs a/c unit was kind of loud at night.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor -- if I stayed again I might choose one on an upper floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Recently, I took my boyfriend on vacation to Maine. I have been there many times but it was his first time there. He thought it was weird how insistent I was that we stay at Quimby House Inn during our time in Bar Harbor...until we got there. The staff is always super friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and always extremely clean and well furnished. The location is great, since you can walk to just about everything so there is no need to worry about dealing with parking around town.
During this last trip, we were unsure about what type of food sounded good for dinner one night, so we asked Nick who was working the front desk what he would suggest. He gave us several options, explaining what type of food and atmosphere each place had. We went with his first choice and were extremely pleased.
Every time that I have stay at Quimby House Inn, it has been a relaxing and pleasant experience. Next time we go up to Bar Harbor, you can be sure that we will be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bar Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very clean, quite, pleasant. Great location. Everything you need is ether next door or 5 min walk .
Loved our room and deck on each floor, if you don't wish to sit on the sun and need shade - there are tables and chairs in the shade of old trees. No breakfast provided inside , but quality coffee and tea are there all day.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter . Just select bed size
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was up in Bar Harbor for a job interview and this little family-run place was perfect for resting and relaxing after a long day! It really felt like being at home and the staff were all very friendly. Everything was very clean and tidy and there were plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kennebunk, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were attracted by a GROUPON that featured a gift certificate for Mama DiMatteos, a restaurant we love where our son works as bartender. Also a massage was being offered at a reduced rate. The fact that Quimby House is near another favorite breakfast spot, Jordans, was also a plus, and being right in the center of town allowed walking everywhere. We stayed in the Annex, which was bright and cheery with a warm yellow, and comfortable furniture, including a delightful kingsized bed.
My most exciting part was the massage given by Danielle. I was dealing with some tenderness after a fall the week before, and she found just the right pressure to make me feel very relaxed as well and much healthier in my muscles and joints as I left her. I described to her that her movements were like an elegant dance..which was envigorating as well very relaxing. Many thanks. I will be back in June when I come to town for my summer solstice massage. Can't wait!
Thank-you, Tim and Danielle, for your great service and warm homeiness!

Room Tip: loved the Annex.....has a little kitchen and room for 4 or 5
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I wanted to write in and give a big "thank you" to Tim. We ran away from a bad experience the night before to the Quimby House at Bar Harbor. Tim was so gracious and even allowed us to check in early and put our stuff in the room. He was also so wonderful to spend time telling us about the great stops to make as we explored the island. He could not have been nicer. The room was spectacular and very relaxing. I highly recommend this place to anyone who goes to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quimby House Inn? Share your experiences!