“So good had lunch two days in a row!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Miami
“So good had lunch two days in a row!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great place for lunch -- Had the clam chowder, burger served medium rare (like it shoulld be), terrific sweet potato fries, blackened haddock, regular haddock, and Greek salad (OK, that was between my wife and I for two meals -- ). Service was great, meals were spectacular, and I would eat there again to try something else on the menu. The place was clean and the menu was varied enough that you would be hard pressed to NOT find something you liked. Don't miss the haddock here -- it's great!!

Visited July 2013

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Best clam chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have tried several places to compare clam chowder. There is no place near The Thirsty Whale's clam chowder. It is consistent; always delicious! The blackened haddock sandwich is also amazing. Never had a bad meal and we have eaten there quite a few times.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, Virginia
“Great Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our first meal once we arrived in Bar Harbor. I had selected it after reviewing many options on this website! We were not disappointed. I had the lobster roll and my husband had a seafood platter. The lobster roll was delicious. The lobster was seasoned well and the roll was perfect, lightly toasted but still soft. However, I was actually jealous of my husband's dinner. He shared a clam and some scallops with me and they were delicious. The clams were full body clams and the scallops were the best I have tasted here. The atmosphere was very much like a pub is supposed to be, and everything we had was just right. We enjoyed this meal very much.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great pub atmosphere, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We ate an early dinner here one evening after shopping in town. The atmosphere was very cozy and the food prices were much better than some of the other places in town. We each got the lobster roll and chowder combo, which was delicious and just the right amount of food. Service was prompt and our waitress was very friendly. We will definitely be visiting them again our next time in Bar Harbor.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unexpected Gem in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were in Bar Harbor because it was a stop during a Canada/New England cruise. We found this little gem of a pub quite by accident and LOVED it! The bearded bartender was delightful and got us addicted to rimming our pint glasses with pumpkin pie seasoning for our pumpkin ale. Then, I ordered a blueberry ale and he added sugar-marinated blueberries before he added the beer and it was like a heavenly party in my mouth!!! My hubby had the lobster roll and loved it...I had a burger, delish. Such a nice and cozy place to relax.

• Visited September 2012