“Overpriced, small portions and not worthy the money they charge” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clifton, New Jersey
“Overpriced, small portions and not worthy the money they charge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We just came back from vacation in Maine, everything was lovely, except for our "opa" experience.
My husband ordered there meat dish (steak- $29) and one beer, and I had a Greek salad (which was fresh, but not a Greek at all) salmon ($24) and a cup of tea. We paid $80 (!!!!) for this modest dinner and were hungry in two hours:). My tiny salmon piece was served with 4 very thin circles of squash and 5 small baby finger potatoes; salmon itself was a bit dry and cooked definitely from frozen, not fresh fish. My husband portion also was beyond moderate...You would expect to pay such prices in NYC upscale restaurants, but then they will not disappoint you with the quality of their meals... I would not recommend Opa to anyone - on West street Bar Harbor you will find restaurants offering you the same or bigger portions for 1/2 of the Opa price...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Morristown, New Jersey
“Decent food, service took forever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm just not sure what all the fuss is about. I really wanted to love this restaurant because I love Two Cats. I left feeling completely unimpressed. When we ate there, there were only 3 other tables filled and the service was incredibly slow, even for what seemed like easy items like extra pita bread. Our meal took hours and we only ordered one appetizer and 3 meals with no dessert. I am a hummus lover and wasn't fond of the taste of the hummus in the appetizer. Adding the two olives and the olive oil was a tasty touch. To be fair, they have no children's menu so the chef handmade chicken fingers for my son which were delicious. The moussaka had a nice taste and was served piping hot, but I didn't love it. I'm not sure how they handle large crowds and maybe they were short-staffed, but the service was so slow (even the bill seemed to take forever to come and the host seemed completely uninterested in helping matters along) that it really put a damper on the experience. There are so many other options in Bar Harbor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, good people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food, authentic, perfectly cooked Greek cuisine. A great addition to the Bar Harbor culinary scene. We are now loyal patrons.

Bar Harbor
“OPA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

You'll OPA! too when you eat at the new Greek restaurant OPA! Today the expression is used as a joyful emotion like Whoopee. Trust me you will be yelling OPA! too when you dine at this wonderful restaurant. You must try their Spanakopita. (This is Mike's Mother's recipe) It is the best my Wife and I have every had. Mike, one of the owners, (he also works at 2 Cats also) is a wonderful host and checks on your experience at the restaurant while you are there. Kathie was an excellent server and was very attentive. It has a nice atmosphere with easy listening music in the background. Great choices for dessert as well. Try it, I guarantee you will return.

Exeter, New Hampshire
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It won't be long before Opa is well known. We ate there twice while in Bar Harbor and it was excellent. I loved the moussaka and the halibut dish was fabulous. They also run Two Cats. If you've been to 2 Cats, then you know that these folks know how to make good food.

• Visited July 2013