“Best treat in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Stillwater, Oklahoma, Usa
4 attraction reviews
“Best treat in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped by here everyday of our Acadia trip! The staff was friendly and offered samples! Then the popcorn's taste took over from there! Delicious, fresh and packed in handy little buckets for sharing in the car or on a hike! The Maine blueberry flavor was FABULOUS -I'll never forget it! No fake flavorings or hyper-sweetness here just crunchy awesomeness! Only a few choices each day since they are made fresh and in small batches. Just ask for a taste and pick your fav!

Visited July 2013

“Maine in a crunchy morsel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The family at Bar Harbor Popcorn is extremely friendly and engaging. They invited my friend and I to try the flavors available - all delicious. The wild blueberry - flavored with real blueberries, and purpley blue - was fantastic! Nothing about that or the maple tasted artificial - all original and naturally extracted flavors. The kernels had a nice fresh crunch and packed in the cute buckets, they still taste fresh days later in NYC. I am not normally a review posting person - but these guys are running their first season in Bar Harbor and deserve accolades for putting out a quality treat, where you might otherwise find generic tourist fodder. Thank you for making the tastiest (sweet) popcorn I've met!

Visited August 2013
Miami
3 attraction reviews
“Not good caramel popcorn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

When I saw the popcorn store I hoped to find caramel popcorn and sure enough they had it and after asking for a taste, I would pass on this place. The popcorn didn't have enough caramel coating to make it caramel popcorn -- was like a hint of caramel -- and to boot the popcorn was stale -- soft not crunchy. Based on this experience, I can't imagine this place will last in a town with good food and snacks everywhere -- actually there was no one in the store and the inventory of the 3 kinds of popcorn seem rather paulty -- guess they aren't going to be around long.

Memphis, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“Good Popcorn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoyed the caramel popcorn. They also serve regular, maple, and blueberry. The store is near the Village Green.

Oakland, California
14 attraction reviews
“Local flavor at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I went to Bar Harbor Popcorn during its first week in existence (which was last week)! What a great little shop in Bar Harbor with local, "Maine flavors." The place only offers three different flavors -- caramel corn, Maine wild blueberry and Maine maple -- but boy, have they perfected them! In fact, the owners told us it took them around 6 months to tweak the recipes to get those flavors just right.

The Waymans (the owners) were very friendly, and told us how and why they started the shop in the first place. My wife and I were certainly able to reap the rewards, too! We sampled all three flavors, and ended up buying a bag of the blueberry. It's so delicious! A very "Maine flavor."

If and when we return to Bar Harbor, we'll be sure to stop in for some more popcorn!

Visited June 2013