“Tasty dishes” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 120 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wayman
Description: American fine dining with a Latin flair. Havana has an elegant modern atmosphere, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable staff and a sophisticated menu. Seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes are flavored with intelligence and respect and change weekly, sometimes daily. Havana is located in downtown Bar Harbor, just a short stroll up Main Street.
“Tasty dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was quite surprised I have eated cuban food before but it wasn't my thing-- here the dishes were more traditionally prepared and they were really tasty. I loved the way they prepared my fish. I would recommend this place for the picky eaters.

Visited May 2013

Sofia
“Excellent service and atmosphere, the quality of the food needs a bit more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Havana restaurant was a great choice after 10 hours of travel.
The interior is nice, the bar tender- part of the experience.
The food itself was very good, almost great.
The wine list is impressive as it is the service.
The prices are ok If they improve just a bit the cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Exemplary service & outstanding food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

If only we could do it all over again … and again … and again.

Our waiter had to be the best I have ever had … he was so passionate about the food he was serving. The mojito was the best ever … quality ingredients and superbly made. The food was excellent, outstanding, delicious. The owner was interested in customer satisfaction.

A perfect night out (an added extra was the horse drawn wagon that kept passing by with loads of kids in Halloween costume).

The only "negatives" are that we didn't find it earlier in our stay (so we could go back multiple times!) and that we chose to go to The Reading Room for my birthday dinner (and it simply didn't compare in any way).

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honeoye, New York, United States
“Still dreaming of this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My fiancé and I were in Bar Harbor 3 years ago and stumbled upon Havana...we LOVED both the food and atmosphere and the sommelier was excellent as well. Needless to say after visiting a couple of other restaurants it became very clear that Havana was the most unique cuisine in Bar Harbor! By the end of the week we were regulars lol and I still dream about the delicious food we enjoyed on our trip!

• Visited June 2012
acadia4us
“Great place for "special occasion" meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We wanted to find an extra special place to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary and Havana turned out to the be the perfect place. The service was absolutely top notch (very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive) and the food was incredible! I had the scallops and my husband had the surf & turf (swordfish & NY strip steak) and we both LOVED our meals! Great beer and wine list to go along with any taste. Although we were too full for desert, our waiter brought us a very nice customized "Happy Anniversary" plate topped with two small desert treats! We agreed it was the best meal we've had in recent memory! 10 Stars for Sure!

• Visited October 2012