“OMG x2” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Mache is a casual neighborhood bistro in downtown Bar Harbor, Maine. We serve rustic French food cooked with the finest produce, freshest seafood, and organic & natural meats available.
Kingston Ontario Canada
“OMG x2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We selected the Bistro as one of our 3 dinner spots on our visit -- discovered it was closed on Sunday + Monday but got a reservation for 8:15 on Tuesday. We arrived with our table waiting and were immediately seated. During our meal there were several groups that were turned away as the place was totally booked all night. My wife and I split the three cheeses app and then had scallops and the pork chop -- both unbelievably succulent -- may be the best meal we have ever eaten. The restaurant is very small (10 tables) but cozy with excellent, attentive + knowledgeable wait staff.
Make a reservation and if you only have one night in Bar Harbor, eat here!!

Columbus
“Absolutely outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It wasn't yet high season and the restaurant had just opened for the night, so I stopped in to see if I could get an early dinner. I was able to get a table without a reservation but it seemed like I got the last open table, as everyone after me was turned away. Get a reservation - it's worth it!

My appetizer was heirloom tomatoes and grilled asparagus with lobster and lemon aioli, with a basil drizzle. The tomatoes were fresh and flavorful. The asparagus was warm from the grill. This was an absolutely fabulous dish - it tasted like summer to me.

My entree was duck confit, over creamy polenta with sauteed greens and duck confit ragu. I could have licked the plate.

For desert I had a tart, which was also lovely. But frankly, I was too full to finish it, especially since I had a glass of 20-year old tawny port with it.

If your idea of vacation is to have a really wonderful, creative meal, then Mache Bistro should be on your to-do list.

Visited June 2013
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had dinner at Mache Bistro last week and it was wonderful. Among the best meals I have ever eaten on either coast. The menu is very interesting, with ever changing unique and creative choices. I had the pork tenderloin done in an excellent fig sauce. My wife had salmon grilled with a saffron sauce. Both were outstanding. The wine list is extensive and the service was solid. This is an unpretentious place with a nice feel to it. We look forward to eating here again.

Haverhill,Ma
“top recommendation by our B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This little restaurant was one of the top recommendations from our B&B. We decided to try it on our first night in Bar Harbor. Its quite small, tables very close together but somehow it didn't matter. We each had different items. I had a cold halibut plate that was delicious from the appetizer menu...it was more than enough for me. I also paired it with a lobster and aioli which was equally delicious. Everyone was happy with their choices. It was a bit pricey but we felt it was ok because we were just getting our vacation going...good place to try but only if your willing to spend some bucks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“A Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was fabulous in all respects. Very creative cuisine and very helpful staff. This was one of those dining experiences that you knew, from the first bite, that you were experiencing a top-notch dining experience. We can't wait to return.