“We survived lobster ice cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 119 restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Crossett
“We survived lobster ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Myh husband had read about Ben and Bill's in a travel magazine before our cruise to Bar Harbor. This was a must visit for us. We did try the lobster ice cream. The taste was interesting and actually full of frozen bits of lobster but what a great conversation piece!!! The staff in this delightful ice cream and chocolate shop was soooo helpful and friendly. The ice cream is delicious...they have many other flavors besides lobster. They were making homemade fude and it was divine. A great stop in Bar Harbor~~~

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Lothian, Maryland
“Blueberry icecream is the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I went expecting to try the lobster ice cream, but when the lady in front of me did and I saw her reaction, I knew I better not. I settled for the blueberry and I was so happy I did. It was so fresh and delicious. I will be back for more.

Visited October 2012
iheartadam
“Gazillion ice cream flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

They have a gazillion flavors. It is pricey, but what place here isn't. They also have lobster flavored ice cream if you are brave enough to try!

Oxford, Connecticut
“Great ice cream comes with long line and high price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was tough to rate. They have so many flavors of ice cream (plus fudge and chocolates), and I absolutely loved the novel flavors I picked out (did not try the lobster ice cream). I thought the portion size was good, but we did spend $9.95 for two ice creams (it is located in the downtown area of a major tourist area, after all). There are public benches outside to sit on. The downside is there’s a line that continually snakes in on the left, and then loops around by the ice cream cases, past the register and out the door. They have signs and verbal shouts to keep moving. Hence, it’s VERY difficult to see the flavors offered or to see the actual ice cream. If you hesitate, they get surly, and you hold up a big line of people. So I rate it highly on the flavors and taste, but poorly on the line and cost.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, Massachusetts
“The Best Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you love ice cream or candy (who doesn't???) then this is a must visit! It is generally busy so bring your patience with you....the staff are sometimes cranky and push you along so bring your patience with you! I promise you, it will be soooo worth it. The ice cream is super smooth and creamy and the candy is delicious with a huge variety of flavors for both! Pricey but again...worth it!

• Visited August 2012