“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Turners Falls, Massachusetts
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

1st Jamie our server was great!
2nd view at sunset was spectacular!
3rd The mushroom rissoit was delicious, the lobster ravioli was was enought for my husband and I to split and full of lobster!
Last but not least staff was very helpful one member of our party was recovering from hip surgery and they brought extra pillows for his seat.

We would go back the next time in Bar Harbor

Visited May 2014

“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great service, delicious food, and a wonderful view! I highly recommend eating here, especially if you're staying in the hotel it is very convenient.

Visited May 2014
Flushing, New York
“Awesome food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

You might be surprised to find this restaurant in a HOliday Day, I know I was. I did not look it up on here or yelp before hand (which I normally would do) instead I saw an advertisement for it at the hotel I was staying at right down the street (the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, check my review for that from August!) so I was a little apprehensive but wow I was wrong! Very nice restaurant, nice ambiance including a great view of the hotel's pool and the ocean and excellent food! If you are not staying in the downtown area, but are at one of the hotels in this area or have just had a made your way through Acadia NP and do not want to fight the traffic or the parking situation downtown definitely check this place out, you will not be disappointed. I plan on going back to Bar Harbor again and I would definitely go back to this place. Cheers!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Interesting DInner Menu,Terrible Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

La Bella Vita is the in house restaurant at the Bar Harbor Regency motel where my wife and I stayed recently. It features views of Frenchman’s Bay past the pools, Jacuzzi, Tiki area, etc. On our first night we had dinner at 8 PM and there was a huge group halfway through their dinner, but since most of their serving had already been accomplished our service was satisfactory—a matter of lucky timing. The fare was delicious but expensive—soup & salad = equivalent cost of an entrée (getting toward $25-30), wine costs $9 per less-than-half-filled glass (for a wine that costs $12 a bottle retail). We ate at La Bella Vita again two nights later and sure enough there was another large crowd for dinner, even noisier than the one on the first night. Service was again satisfactory. I wish I could review an entree, but my wife and I were still stuffed from late lobster lunches in town both times we ate at La Bella Vita, so we only had soup and salad.

On balance, this is food of a much higher quality than you’ll get from most motel restaurants in this price range, but you definitely pay for the quality and, of course, the convenience. Remember that when everything is open, Bar Harbor is blessed with plenty of restaurants with great food at not unreasonable prices; better deals can be found in town.

Even though we enjoyed our two dinners at the restaurant, breakfast at La Bella Vita was a big disappointment. It’s an expensive buffet that offered inedible dried out French toast & stale Danish, dry overcooked eggs, and soggy undercooked bacon. We only had breakfast there once. The staff didn't manage to ruin the OJ. Bar Harbor has many great breakfast places with delicious food that are really inexpensive--go out and try them.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Staveley
“Mostly Amazing but Service Needs to Improve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The location and views from the restaurant at the Bar Harbor Regency are absolutely magical and it's easy not to adequately describe the beauty of the sea colours merging into the distant hills and sky under the sun. The large restaurant windows need to be regularly cleaned to showcase this beauty. We ate two dinners and two breakfasts at La Bella Vita. We ate both dinners at the bar as it was dark outside. The anti pasta ($19), Fondute ($12) and Umbria pizza ($19) was all incredibly good - you must try the anti pasta. The calamari ($12) was poor. The atmosphere at the bar has a great background buzz. The first breakfast was awful due to unjustifiable delays for a table (staff shortages and credit card machine failure blamed), despite ten empty tables waiting to be cleared. The second breakfast was superb with nice food and good service. The full buffet cost $15. The continental buffet cost $12.

Visited October 2013