“Great hotel, close to downtown Bar Harbor!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center

You added Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center to your Saves list
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   119 Eden Street, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Morin Heights, Canada
“Great hotel, close to downtown Bar Harbor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were happy with our stay. We had a nice patio on the ground level overlooking the ocean. I liked that fact that it was not fenced in. The room was clean and bright. Breakfast was good, and had a nice setting with outdoor space. The location was fantastic. The shuttle service to Bar Harbor was great since parking downtown was a bit of a problem. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor with oceanview.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Greetings Georgina R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and the convenience of being “just outside of town” and our seasonal shuttle service.

I hope that you will return again soon.

Regards,

Tony Beckerley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Do not go by the description of this hotel online or the high ratings given by others who all seemed to have stayed at the new buildings. When you book you do not know where your room is going to be. We booked through expedia. Just checked in to the old building where the office is located as we were told that no rooms in the new buildings are avilable. The room is open to the entrance of the motel. Feels like an old 2 star motel room. Do not be fooled by this place, go somewhere else and have an enjoyable vacation. Avoid this place. We are trying to find another place not something you want to do after getting here.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reshma S,

I apologize for the misunderstanding with regards to your reservation and I am very sorry that my staff could not resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

If I can ever be of service to you please feel free to call me directly and I will be more than happy to do my best to accommodate your needs.

Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We loved the Atlantic Oceanside! Our first impression was the grounds, which were immaculate and beautifully landscaped. The main lobby area is clean and appears to be newly renovated! Staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was immaculate and newly updated as well. The view from our balcony was beautiful. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and were very friendly. We felt bad because we had a difficult time not soaking our bathroom floor when using the handicap accessible shower! The only thing that was frustrating was the poor Wifi connection in my room. But HEY I didn't go to Bar Harbor to sit on my phone and Pin on Pinterest!! Thanks Atlantic Oceanside we hope to see you soon and next time we will be bringing some friends and family!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Ittybittyboarder,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I apologize for the frustration with the WiFi, and wanted you to know that I will be following up with our provider to ensure that future guests do not have these issues.

I am glad that you enjoyed you enjoyed our hotel and our spectacular views. I sincerely hope that you will return again soon.

Leominster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We've been going to a Bar Harbor for a few years now and we stay here every year. We love the newer building. You can't beat the view. Other than the old ferry station, every room has a beautiful view on the water. This visit we noticed the beds were uncomfortable. Perhaps the new building could use some sprucing up. It is about a Mike from down town but the bus stops on the property. The Island Explorer is the best way to get around the island.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Lisa N,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantic Oceanside hotel and for the review on TA. I just moved up here this season and lived in the Atlantic View building for over a month and must say that I really enjoyed the views also.

Each year we reinvest in our property and right now I am in the middle of planning those projects so I will definitely look into the beds in that building.

I hope that you will return next season and please ask for me as I would like to say Hi.

Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay for a long weekend family vacation. Our room had amazing ocean views enjoyed from our balcony. The room was large enough and included a small sitting room, decent sized fridge and microwave. Kids enjoyed the pools esp. the outdoor pool which had complimentary drinks. The continental breakfast was extensive with lots of choices. We did see some areas that could use a little TLC -bathroom window didn't open, most of the doors had a window/screen but our didn't open. The indoor pool area and carpet leading to it and the breakfast area are worn/dirty. The maintenance staff was very helpful in assisting with a minor car repair and the staff overall was helpful and friendly. We would likely return to this hotel for a future visit.

Room Tip: there are several buildings on the complex and there is some walking involved to reach the main buil...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Twin pines,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this nice review and I do hope that you will return again. Because this property is very special to the Witham family, each Winter we do extensive maintenance projects and renovations. So again thank you for your suggestions.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed here for only one night and wish we could've stayed longer! First off, Brittany at the front desk was amazingly professional, friendly and very helpful with finding us a beautiful room.
We stayed in a newly renovated room on the 4th floor and it was clean, modern and had a nice oceanfront balcony to comfortably sit two or three people.
Both indoor and outdoor pools are saltwater which was a huge plus for me! They have coolers with complimentary sodas and waters by the pool which was also a pleasant surprise on a hot day!
Overall very clean property with great staff all around.
Will be recommending this property to friends and family!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Baileylv,

Thank you very much for this terrific review of our hotel! I have only been here at the GM for a few months and I really appreciate you taking the time to note all the nice things that the Atlantic Oceanside has to offer. I hope you will come back and visit us again in the future.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I need to be honest in saying that I was disappointed with this motel during our recent stay. We arrived at check in time and were told that our room was not ready, but would be in 20 minutes. Thirty minutes later I finally asked what was happening as our room still was not ready and asked if there was anything else available to move into, but did not get very much assistance. Soon a maid came with our keys and told us we could go ahead and go to our room until the room was finished. We unloaded, but had to set our bags outside the room and stood outside as we could not go inside with the maid still inside. A full 50 minutes after check in, we finally gained access to our room. Seem as though in her haste to finish the job, our room wasn't as clean as it should have been.

The building we stayed in was really beginning to show its age too. We had stayed here two years ago, and I don't believe that anything had changed in the way of improvements. I know other building have been renovated, so find out before you book your stay.

To be fair, I did contact the GM of this property upon returning home. He was extremely apologetic and did give us a partial refund of what we had paid, along with the offer to give us a reduced rate in the future. Just know that he did do a great job apologizing for what had happened. I know that things happen, but I have never had to wait this long to check into any other motel. If the staff had been completely honest with me from the beginning and told me how long the wait would actually be, I may not have gotten as upset as I did. We would have had the option to go do something else while we waited! Wasted an hour of our vacation time just waiting!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Linda C,

I am sorry that your room was not ready for you when you arrived. So far this season our housekeeping staff has done a great job with cleaning and getting rooms ready for our guests to check in to and often many times they are ready early.

In your case I do believe that our front desk staff dropped the ball with regards to communication and for that I am sorry. I am working hard to make guest service the number one priority at my hotel.

I know that you will be returning in the future and that you will contact me directly. it will be my pleasure to make sure your return visit is special,

all my best,