“Great view, unique option” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Wine & Dine Package
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Great view, unique option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a king room in the 5300 building and then one night in the 'mansion'.
Pros- 5300 room had sofabed (which wasn't included in online description) made it perfect for our family of 6, with our air mattress.
Front desk staff was very helpful
The mansion room was pretty neat
Both rooms were clean, first one smelled a little musty.
Con- breakfast is pretty minimal
Overall, I'm pretty picky and I'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Michelle K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. As a large property with several building we are able to provide guests with many different rooming options.

I am always looking for ways to improve our services and I wanted to let you know that we do provide a full breakfast menu for those that want more than our Continental.

I personally love staying in the Willows Mansion.

Again that you for staying with us!

Tony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Hugo, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Atlantic Oceanside Hotel was nice. It's a great location and very centrally located. It was close to DT, Acadia State Park and well as other sightseeing locations. I thought the breakfast option was really good. A ton of food, the room could be bigger but the great part about breakfast was the older gentleman that works the breakfast room. Here is someone that really enjoys his job. A friendly face each morning, always smiling and worked the room like no other. This guy is a gem, give this guy a raise!!!!!!! Our room had a great view of the ocean. Great sunrise and sunsets. We stayed in one of the 2 buildings in back, I believe bldg 4? It was nothing fancy and we weren't expecting fancy. For the most part it was a nice room however it did need some TLC. The screen door was off the track and actually broken. The microwave was unplugged (no big deal) but where it was located, there was nowhere to plug it in. We had to move that around to make it work. The carpet was quite dirty, there was wall paper peeling off the walls, and a few other minor cosmetic items that would help spruce the place up. The pools were nice but 2 times our kids went swimming, no towels. We asked the front desk on both occasions that there were no towels but they never brought any down. We asked a 2nd time and the guy at the front desk (not very friendly) said he called maintenance and that's their issue. To me, that's horrible service. It was a bit of a walk back to the room without a towel. All in all, a nice place to stay for a family. It has all the amenities you need, great location. Just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suit. Everything was clean and comfortable. Room service was great. Nice, quiet location at a reasonable distance from bar harbor. The view was spectacular and there are boats that offer tours at their dock. Brittany, at the front desk, provided us with excellent information. We'd go a second time for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Brent,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and you kind review on TA. I am glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our family suites. When i moved here at the beginning of this season I had the pleasure of staying in one of these suites for 2 weeks and I too enjoyed watching the boats go in and out from our pier.

I hope you return to Bar Harbor and stay with us again.

Fairfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked a room with a king bed and two queens for our large family. When we got to our room it was only a double queen room. After discussing options with the front desk, we accepted their offer of two rooms (without additional charges) in their Willow Mansion (there are several different buildings and room types) They let us view the rooms before we decided but I have to say they made it right. It is not far from town, there is a shuttle that comes every 20 minutes but a cab into town (to avoid trying to find two parking spots) was $5 each way. Complimentary breakfast included fresh fruit (whole apples, oranges, bananas and plums) sliced honey dew, cantaloupe, watermelon and pineapple, vanilla, strawberry and blueberry yogurts. There were hard boiled eggs, hot oatmeal with several toppings, house made blueberry muffins and coffee cakes, and various breads, bagels, and English muffins. For those who are gluten free there was an entirely separate table with JUST gluten free items including a gluten free toaster with a sign indicating it is just for gluten free. That's awesome in my book, since my mother is gluten free!! They have a private pebble beach, a complimentary DVD lending library (DVD player in every room) As far as the Willow Mansion, both rooms had a king size bed and a balcony that spreads out the entire floor (so we could meet each other there and be together) One room had a pull out sofa (tv in both rooms) There was an indoor, heated salt water pool as well as a hot tub. Both were awesome!! My only "issues" were both times we went to the pools (there's an outdoor pool and hot tub too) there were no towels as we were told there would be. There was a place for them, but the racks were empty. If that's my only issue, you can say we had a super awesome time at this wonderful place. Also, their wifi is not good. Even a staff member said an I.T. guy was there that day. People use it for Netflix, etc. so they just can't keep up. The only time I could connect was 7am. Very minor issues (for us) We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: I think the Willow Mansion rooms are romantic. It's an older building with beautiful furniture a...
Green Features: They are very green and have awards for that. They only change your bedding and towels every three days (unless you request otherwise) They use eco friendly cleaners and detergents. I don't remember everything the paperwork said but it was impressive information.
Dear TammyJoL,

Thanks for writing this nice review on TA. I wanted to let you know that both the internet and pool towel issues have been resolved, we upgraded our internet capabilities last week and received a large order of pool towels that were on back order.

Also thank you for pointing out our gluten free breakfast options, as this seems to be something that many guests have been very happy with.

If your travels bring you back to Bar Harbor I hope you will stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights while visiting Acadia National Park. The hotel is comprised of several different buildings, and we were in the main building with the front office/lobby. The room was great except the Wi-Fi connection was slow at times and the AC unit was a little loud. Continental breakfast was solid with several different cold options as well as hot food you can order for a price. Location is great with a beautiful view of the bay. There are free shuttles through Acadia in the summer that stop right in front of the hotel. Bar Harbor is about a mile away. I would stay here i I visited Acadia again.

The patio dining area outside the main building makes for a great way to enjoy the view!

Room Tip: There are several different buildings. The ones closer to the water are newer and have better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Greetings Cat L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback especially with regards to the WiFi issues that you experienced. We had been planning a major upgrade to the WiFi for the entire property for quite some time and I am happy to say that it was completed yesterday.

I hope you will come back once again to experience our beautiful views of Frenchman's Bay and our improved WiFi.

Ramsey, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We decided on 4 stars because the location was so perfect. Right on the ocean plus the convenience of proximity to Acadia and pet friendly-ness. Our room was ground level so pet issues were minimal. The room could use a refresh, since pet owners would appreciate updated decor. Other rooms were newer. The shuttle to downtown worked just as billed and we had a good and easy trip into town for dinner. We were able to scoot up to Cadillac mountain after check-in and caught some gorgeous views. All in all, this is a 3 1/2 star hotel whose location and pet welcome attitude tipped us to 4 stars.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Ramsey,

Thank you for staying with us at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to wright a review on TA and wanted you to know that we are looking at adding a few amenities for our guests that travel with their pets. I hope you will come back and stay with us again and enjoy our wonderful views.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at Atlantic Oceanside 4 nights in mid-July 2014. We had no reservation at check-in and were seeking an ocean view balcony room. We got room 821 in the Willows, an older building closest to the ocean. The view and balcony were superb. The room was average with one significant problem being the roll up blinds which worked but only just barely. The room rate was less than half of what we were quoted at the Bar Harbor Inn. This was in our view an extraordinary value.

Room Tip: An ocean view room in the Willows has a great view of the water. There is no elevator so lugging bag...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Juddray,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful views from our balconies. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the blinds and wanted you to know that I have asked our team to make sure that they are working properly.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

All my best,

Been to Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center? Share your experiences!