We stayed at the Willows in July 2013 and I booked it going on the reviews of others. We were really looking forward to our trip as we were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We were very disappointed. Upon arriving, we had to literally push with a lot of force to get our door open. We told management about it and they said it was an old building. My husband is a contractor and knew this could easily have been fixed, which started us out on a negative note. We did have a beautiful view on the balcony but only had one very small, worn out love seat to sit on. We stayed there for six nights. The final blow was on the last day when we got back to our room and had no bath towels, only hand towels and wash cloths had been left. I had put a bath towel in the one drawer before we left so that we wold have an extra clean one. When my husband called the front desk they said they wold be right up, 25 minutes later we were still waiting and called back. We were told that they had a shortage of bath towels. 5 minutes later they called back and said" why don't you use the towel in your drawer ?" We were livid when we found out that they were looking in the drawers where our clothing and my jewelry were kept! My husband went straight to the office and asked for the manager... No apologies were given... He stated that the building was old and that is how they check for bugs! Needless to say, we will not be returning nor would we refer it to anyone!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine