From July 6 - 12, 2013 Family Nature Summits held our annual event at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center. We had roughly 350 Summiteers and rented out the entire property. AO also provided all of our meals (not just breakfast) and meeting spaces. The food was fantastic. Kudos to Chef Matt and his staff. All of the employees were very helpful. Kudos to GM Dede Daigle and everyone working with her. The location is wonderful with ocean (Frenchman's Bay) views from almost every room. Acadia National Park and the village of Bar Harbor are easily accessible. The tour boats that leave from the pier at Atlantic Oceanside are very well done with informative naturalists on board and captains who know where to go to see all sorts of great stuff. We even saw 3 bald eagles in one tree and countless other birds and sea creatures, not to mention historic light houses and other properties. I would highly recommend this site to all travelers and even big groups like ours.
Chris Blank, President, Family Nature Summits
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.the AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman’s Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Tues. ~ Sat. 3pm ~ 10pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.