I have no idea what the previous reviewer is talking about, our stay at Cleftstone was perfect.
The rooms are charming, perfectly decorated and immaculate. The style of decor fits the age of the home perfectly, you could spend a day browsing through all of the rooms in the inn.
Breakfasts were amazing, served on time and absolutely delicious!!
Ann, the owner, was extremely hospitable and gave great recommendations for restaurants and activities. She serves appetizers every evening so that the guests can mingle and compare notes about Bar Harbor. I enjoyed these evening get togethers so much, and have never stayed any where before that provides such a service.
I researched many hotels on the internet and was very happy with the choice that I made. Although some inns are closer to the center of Bar Harbor, we enjoyed being a short distance away as it meant we were away from all of the hustle and bustle, and got a perfect night's sleep. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to every one.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.