My wife and I spent three nights in mid October at the Cleftstone. It was our first trip to Bar Harbor and our experiences will bring us back for a longer stay and I've already decided Cleftstone will be the place. Anne was a gracious hostess providing a great breakfast, local information in an inobtrusive way. If you are needy and think the owner of a B&B is there to be your companion/best friend/servant you probably need to look elsewhere but I wouldn't ask here to do things any differently than she did. Our room faced the street and I didn't hear road noise any night we were there. Once in our rooms we heard no noise either from within or outside the inn. With a fireplace in the room evenings were spent quietly reading in the wingback chair in front of a cozy fire. It was in the 20s outside at night while we were there. While we had a great time in Bar Harbor our next trip will be in early to mid September. Too many things closed for the season to enjoy the full MDI experience while there. The lone negative was that the wifi was spotty and intermittent at best but we were there to relax so we lived within the limitations of technology as it were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine