“BEAUTIFUL!!!! We can't wait to come back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cleftstone Manor
92 Eden Street, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609   |
Ranked #26 of 34 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Mentor, Ohio
“BEAUTIFUL!!!! We can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This by far was the BEST stay on our 3 stop vacation hands down. Ann the owner is wonderful. She greeted us when we checked in and gave us a brief tour of the B & B. Our room "Cleftstone" OMG was was just speechless when we walked in. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in and we travel quite a bit between business and pleasure. I think could have stayed in our room for the whole 2 nights we were there but being the beautiful Bar Harbor with lovely Fall weather we did venture out.

The stay not only included a wonderful breakfast each morning (best I've had at any B & B) in the late afternoon there was also spread of appitizers for the guests. We met a lot of nice people at this gathering.

The town is great and the Acadia National Park is just breath taking. I had a broken foot on this trip so that did put a damper on things. We could not hike or ride bikes. We will for sure be back to Bar Harbor and will for sure stay at Cleftstone Manor.

Thank you Ann for making our stay so nice!!!! There is so much more I could write about this B & B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed at Cleftstone Manor in Bar Harbor, ME. It is a historic Bed and Breakfast just minutes from the heart of Bar Harbor. We stayed in the Waldron Bates Suite and it was really nice. There was information in the room about who Waldron Bates was and how he related to the inn and to Bar Harbor. Very Interesting. Anne's breakfasts were exceptional! We looked forward to them every morning. The afternoon social hour was great! Light snacks were served and it gave a chance to mingle with the other guests staying there. I loved the big claw foot tub in the bathroom and the wonderful complementary bath salts made for a relaxing moment after a long hike in Acadia National Park. I would recommend this B & B highly. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I would recommed any of the rooms on the third floor that face the ocean. We had a wonderful of the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Cleftstone Manor in September. Contrary to some of the reviews I have read, I found Anne, the innkeeper to be very knowledgeable, pleasant, helpful and very efficient. She was a wealth of very helpful knowledge. If I was in Bar Harbor again, I would definitely stay there again. Breakfasts were always different and great. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Cleftstone Manor for 2 nights.
The B&B is located next to the busy main street and our room faced this street. It's an nice, old building but going to the Acadia Park we didn't expect to have so much noise during the night. The internal acoustic isolation internal isn't much either. So keep in my mind you can hear other guests walking, talking, flushing toilets.
Next to this the place looks nice, the room was fine (although a but stuffy) and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Cleftstone was a great find. We did not want to spend an arm-and-a-leg, but we wanted a nice stay. Cleftsone met the bill. We had a room (I think that there is only one) with a bath across the hall, and it worked out fine.

It was very clean and Anne, the owner, had excellent appetizers out each evening. The breakfast was as good as I have ever had in any restaurant. Really, knock your socks off great. We did not take advantage of the pool at the adjoining establishment but it was excellent also. Highly recommend, and Anne is top-flight.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and can't say enough. The place is super clean, hospitalible, easy to access. The breakfast are wonderfull (yes with 2 Ls): could hardly eat lunch. The evening appetizers are first class: well-prepared and varied and could replace dinner if need be. Good value for the price. I would go back. You can use amenities of the Bluenose next door: pool, spa, great room, gym.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms on the website.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

When I browsing here before booked our Bar Harbor trip, I was quite concerned by the comment below about Anne being "unaccommodating". To play safe I decided to split our 4-night stay in Bar Harbor into two, 2 at Cleftstone and the other 2 somewhere else. And let me tell you how I regretted for that decision at the moment I stepped into this place.

Full of historic touches yet free of oldie odors, our room is immaculate, super clean and charmed with wonderful antique furniture. Their breakfast is so tasty and carefully prepared it's far beyond ordinary B&B level and good portion for a long day of hiking. The staff are attentive and helpful. As for Anne - she is awesome!! I even got her recipe book after donating to their lovely recipe box. Everyone was so happy and refreshed during our stay and they complained about the second place I picked :(

Thank you Anne for making our trip perfect and memorable. I will stay nowhere but at Cleftstone next time. And the reason I gave 4 to Rooms is because of the hot water issues some other viewers mentioned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family