This by far was the BEST stay on our 3 stop vacation hands down. Ann the owner is wonderful. She greeted us when we checked in and gave us a brief tour of the B & B. Our room "Cleftstone" OMG was was just speechless when we walked in. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in and we travel quite a bit between business and pleasure. I think could have stayed in our room for the whole 2 nights we were there but being the beautiful Bar Harbor with lovely Fall weather we did venture out.
The stay not only included a wonderful breakfast each morning (best I've had at any B & B) in the late afternoon there was also spread of appitizers for the guests. We met a lot of nice people at this gathering.
The town is great and the Acadia National Park is just breath taking. I had a broken foot on this trip so that did put a damper on things. We could not hike or ride bikes. We will for sure be back to Bar Harbor and will for sure stay at Cleftstone Manor.
Thank you Ann for making our stay so nice!!!! There is so much more I could write about this B & B.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.