The Cleftstone was a great find. We did not want to spend an arm-and-a-leg, but we wanted a nice stay. Cleftsone met the bill. We had a room (I think that there is only one) with a bath across the hall, and it worked out fine.
It was very clean and Anne, the owner, had excellent appetizers out each evening. The breakfast was as good as I have ever had in any restaurant. Really, knock your socks off great. We did not take advantage of the pool at the adjoining establishment but it was excellent also. Highly recommend, and Anne is top-flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine