When I browsing here before booked our Bar Harbor trip, I was quite concerned by the comment below about Anne being "unaccommodating". To play safe I decided to split our 4-night stay in Bar Harbor into two, 2 at Cleftstone and the other 2 somewhere else. And let me tell you how I regretted for that decision at the moment I stepped into this place.
Full of historic touches yet free of oldie odors, our room is immaculate, super clean and charmed with wonderful antique furniture. Their breakfast is so tasty and carefully prepared it's far beyond ordinary B&B level and good portion for a long day of hiking. The staff are attentive and helpful. As for Anne - she is awesome!! I even got her recipe book after donating to their lovely recipe box. Everyone was so happy and refreshed during our stay and they complained about the second place I picked :(
Thank you Anne for making our trip perfect and memorable. I will stay nowhere but at Cleftstone next time. And the reason I gave 4 to Rooms is because of the hot water issues some other viewers mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine