Stayed at the Cleftsone for two nights while visiting Bar Harbor. The manor is about a mile from downtown bar harbor, but the walk is easy. Our group was made up of 3 couples, so we took the entire 3rd floor. One of the rooms was large and had a fireplace. The other two rooms were smaller, but manageable. We all had plenty of warm water. The breakfasts were fantastic and the staff was attentive. We also enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres served in the late afternoon. A couple of members of my party thought the owner was cold and rude, but I found her to be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine