“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 34 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a great find. Location is excellent very close to the harbor, shop, restaurants (try havana's) and the fantastic acadia national park. Our room was great. The daily cheese and wine reception was a nice way to meet other guests and Bob the proprieter was a great host. Breakfast was american style so may not suit some tastes but hey you're in the USA, we will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I had three great days at White Column's Inn. It's a 5-minute walk from Bar Harbor restaurants, it's beautiful and has a great, great breakfast.
We were also pleased by the daily wine and cheese reception and heated patio: they gave more occasions to mingle and chat with the other guests. Mr Bahr, the host, also plays the piano in town sometimes.
I loved the room. If the weather had been better, we'd have enjoyed our own terrace. As it was, we enjoyed the lush decor and bed. It is was really a pleasure and I'd recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm a solo traveler and I stayed here for one night on my New England Road Trip in September. I stayed in room #3.

Everything about this place is first class. I loved my room, (and it smelled really good,) the grounds, food, happy hour, but most of all, Robert! This inn is within walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and sightseeing. The "Social Hour" was fun - especially for someone travelling alone. I met up with other guests for complimentary wine and snacks while we discussed the day, our reasons for travelling and what we planned to do the next day. But most of all, it was Robert who made my stay extra-special. He made dinner reservations for me at a local hot spot and provided a self-guided CD for my quick tour around Acadia National Park. I would definitely recommend this inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ft. Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 days at the White Columns Inn and thought it was very good. The location was great, easy walking distance to restaurants and downtown Bar Harbor and building, rooms and grounds were nice. The rooms are not large but fine for a couple, the wine and cheese every eve3nting from 5 til 7 was excellent and the breakfast was outstanding.. Bob, the owner, was very helpful and accommodating. We would return.

Room Tip: Easy walk to downtown.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We, along with three other couples, stayed at Anne's White Columns Inn in September 2012. From the very beginning we knew we would love this B & B. We were going to be late arrivals so I called and spoke with Anne who assured us it would be no problem. We found the rooms to be comfortable and beautiful. Bob and Anne, our hosts, were gracious and helpful. The breakfasts were awesome! Anne is a very good cook! In the afternoons they provided wine and finger foods. We cannot say enough about Anne's White Columns Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just got back from a stay at the White Columns Inn and thought it was very good. The location was great, easy walking distance to restaurants and downtown Bar Harbor and building, rooms and grounds were nice. The rooms are not large but fine for a couple and the breakfast was good. Bob, the owner, was very helpful and accommodating. I would consider staying there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights (July 11 and 12th) on a trip up the coast of Maine. I can't say enough good things about this place!! It was clean and comfortable and only a short walk from the center of town. The staff was incredible - friendly and extremely helpful! The breakfast was amazing and we loved the added bonus of the wine, cheese and veggies in the evening before dinner. We also met some great couples also staying there. We had an amazing time and would stay here again without a doubt! Thanks so much Bob and Cathy!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Anne's White Columns Inn? Share your experiences!