Simple rooming house; not really a B&B. Breakfast was okay, delivered from their other home. No real lobby/great room area to sit and relax like other (historical) homes built in the late 1800's. It didn't really have a beautiful older historical home feel probably because it wasn't. It was a church converted into a house. The room we had was creaky and tiny. Slightly over priced. Owner not too friendly. He acted like he was doing us a favor. The overall experience was disappointing.
On the plus side it is close to town. We toured other B&B's and hotels while there and will not stay at Anne's White Columns Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'As contemporary a Victorian bed and breakfast as you can find' - Weekending in New England. Anne's White Columns Inn is located in the Historical Corridor in downtown Bar Harbor. The ten guestrooms each have private bath, TV and air-conditioning. Upon entering through the columned portico, one is greeted by the Victorian elegance of the foyer and salon. The large wicker attired porch provides a peaceful setting for the full buffet breakfast or afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Anne's White Columns Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anne`s White Columns Hotel Bar Harbor
- Anne's White Columns Inn Bar Harbor, Maine