The only reason I gave this hotel an average rating is because it is clean. We stayed near the hotel office, down the hill from the Looking Glass Hotel and although we had a small balcony overlooking the grounds the room itself was quite shabby. The walls are extremely thin as are the doors. It truly needs some TLC. There is a shuttle bus which stops right outside the hotel office--which was very close to a room so that was convenient. Also, the staff is extremely friendly at the hotel (special mention to Rob who had a great sense of humor and was very helpful to us (we were four couples traveling together from a Naval Reunion in Boston). BTW, the staff at the Looking Glass Hotel were extremely rude and arrogant--will review that restaurant separately. Overall, would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine