We booked at the Wonder View Inn for the night we were at Bar Harbour, based on other recommendations. However we were very disappointed. Yes indeed there was a view of the sea in the distance and I am sure the view from the recommended restaurant, where we did not dine, or the room on the upper level, could be very good.
The reception was pretty off hand, there were only plastic cups in the room with no tea or coffee making facilities, which were only available in the reception area from 0700 to 2100. No glasses for wine or beer were available other than in the restaurant.
The whole place a had fairly tired atmosphere. I would describe this as a very basic Motel and would not stay there agin nor would I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine