“Meh, just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Alfred, New York
17 attraction reviews
“Meh, just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had high hopes when visiting the cellars but were left disappointed. All of their grapes and a lot of their fruit are shipped in (not grown locally), and most of the wines were just ok. The pourer was very knowledgeable, but quite pompous.
Overall, if you go it won't be a complete waste of time, but I doubt we will make a return trip when we are in Bar Harbor next year.

Visited May 2014
bstevens1951, Retail Operations Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I'm sorry that your recent visit to our winery was disappointing to you. I truly believe that most folks who visit find at least one wine that they enjoy. With over 13 varieties, I feel we offer something for everyone. Beyond the wine, our Chocolate Room and Made in Maine gifts are also popular.
I would invite you to stop in and try us again on your next trip to Acadia. You might just find something that tickles your fancy.

Hampstead, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“Delicious fruit wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

On our recent trip to Bar Harbor we stopped into the Bar Harbor Cellars Winery and as I big wine drinker I was super excited. We did the free tasting, however, we did also taste a few other wines that were not on the tasting list. The person we had helping us, Julia, was very knowledgeable and friendly. The blueberry wine was fantastic as well as the Apple Raspberry, and Riesling (we left with all three bottles). They also have a selection of locally made foods. We bought the 4 year cheddar and I could eat 20 pounds of it it was so good. I know that some of their grapes aren't grown there onsite, but the quality of wine is as good or even better than other wines I have tasted.

Visited June 2014
bstevens1951, Retail Operations Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for stopping into our little winery, and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. With our wide selection of wines, I feel we have something for everyone's taste. The gal who helped you is indeed knowledgeable and friendly. She enjoys doing what she does, and it shows. Thanks again for the kinds words, and I hope you will stop in again on your next visit to Acadia.
Boston, Massachusetts
48 attraction reviews
“Free Wine Tastings with Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice winery with great fruit wines! Their most popular is the blueberry wine, we also really liked the cranberry one. Their grapes are sourced from different places, so they have lots of varieties of wines. The staff was friendly and will pick wines that you might like based on your taste preferences.

Visited May 2014
bstevens1951, Retail Operations Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your nice review of our small winery. Even though we are just starting our season, we are fortunate in that all the winery staff have returned from last year. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff are key to our success. Thanks again, and visit us again soon.
New York City, New York
74 attraction reviews
“Delicious Blueberry and Cranberry Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Delicious blueberry and cranberry wine! My husband and I did the wine tasting here and what delicious options we had! Perfect summer wine and though I am not a fruity drink or fruity wine person, the cranberry and blueberry wines were my favorite! I definitely will have to order some of these for the summer rooftop hangs! Service was friendly and the space was quite pretty and rustic. Swing by for a taste if you are in the area for sure!

Visited May 2014
Thanks for stopping in and trying some of our wines. The blueberry wine and cranberry wine are our most popular wines. Hope you will remember us on your next trip to Acadia!
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Very nice, free tastings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Visited last summer, very cute little winery on the island, they have free tastings as well. Located on the road to Bar Harbor, on a farm, there are grapevines trellissed all around the winery. Some very good fruit wines. They also sell high end cheeses and chocolate. Authentic and non-touristy.

Visited August 2013