“great people great wine” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Holbrook, New York
8 attraction reviews
“great people great wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

what a surprise as you enter the Bar Harbor area to find a winery. Small but friendly, free wine tastings and well stocked gift shop.
The guys were so helpful about which wines we would like, we left with enough wine for all our friends to try. Definiely a must see in bar Harbor.

Visited June 2012
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
People are surprised to see a winery in Bar Harbor, but we've been making wine since 2004. Glad you stopped in and did a little shopping. Along with our wine we have a nice selection of sausages, cheese and even a Chocolate Room with selections from several Maine chocolate makers.

Warwick, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
“Worth a quick visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The sign said 'free wine tasting' so we stopped. All the wineries at home have a charge for the tasting so we could not pass up a free one. The very personable employee at the bar explained each of the 5 wines that were available for tasting that day and let us try 2 others. All the wines were very good and we purchased 3 bottles. They have a large selection of wine. Most of the grapes are from France or California but the apples and blueberries used in them come from Maine. They also sell other products made in Maine such as chocolate and condiments.

Visited June 2012
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
So glad you had the time to stop and visit our winery . With over 12 types of wine available, we like to think we have something for everyone's palate. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Bar Harbor, and come back to see us again.
Benton, Kentucky
9 attraction reviews
“I wish I hadn't stopped.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stopped by the winery to see if they gave tours. I walked up to bar in the tasting area and there were three people behind the bar having a non work related conversation. I stood there until they were finished and I ask if they gave tours. The genteman who answered me acted put-off by my the question, which was a little embarrasing since there were other people around. He curtly told me no they didn't offer tours and he turned around and continued his conversation with the others behind the bar. So, if you are looking for a tour don't go to this winery. Instead come down to Kentucky and visit my winery or others in the area, we'll be glad to see you.

Visited August 2011
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
I'm very sorry you had an unpleasant experience at the winery. While the staff was correct in stating that we do not offer tours of the winery, if he or she was less than courteous, I surely apologize. We look forward to folks like you coming to visit and trying our great wines made here in Bar Harbor.